Author Topic: lookup nottingham archives completed  (Read 2099 times)

Offline dave-the-rave

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
lookup nottingham archives completed
« on: Tuesday 14 February 12 14:49 GMT (UK) »
is any one visting notts archives please if so is it possible to look up a wedding for george clark marryed sarah rich 16/1/1835 woksop church st marys register no 770 sarah of carlton in lindrick whitness are john turner and mary clark just to check out that georges father name i have it as thomas clark thanks dave
willmore,clark,hedley

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: lookup nottingham archives
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,

The marriage register will not contain any more info than you already have. Since you know the witnesses and register number I assume you have already seen a copy or transcription of the marriage register.

Civil registration did not begin until 1837, so marriage certificates containing father's names do not exist before that date. The same is true of birth and death certificates - they do not exist before 1837. The parish register is the best you can do for events before this date.

I take it that your source was FreeREG - but as I mentioned, the Worksop transcriptions contain all the info in the parish register, so there is nothing more to find.
http://freereg.rootsweb.com/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Marriages&RecordID=1046321

Alexander