Author Topic: 'Lewis A' Photographer - Maidstone *COMPLETED*  (Read 945 times)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
'Lewis A' Photographer - Maidstone *COMPLETED*
« on: Wednesday 15 February 12 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

I have a photo of a young girl (which we believe to be my Great-Grandmother) and at the bottom is printed:

'Lewis A, 6 Sandling Road, Maidstone'.

Does anybody have access to records that might tell me what years this Photographer's studio existed? Trade Directories??

Thanks very much,
Glen.
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lewis A' Photographer - Maidstone
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 February 12 00:42 GMT (UK) »
They were there at the time of the 1901 census ........... John D M LEWIS 34 and Arthur M(innett) LEWIS 32 (brothers)
RG13/766 folio 148 page 5

The names LEWIS is not coming up for an address search in the 1911 census http://www.1911census.co.uk/

It appears to have been a photographers for a long time ........ M FIELD was there in 1855.

I would think that the information on your other thread with the dating of the photograph is pretty accurate ie. sometime between 1891 and 1903.

Casalguidi :)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lewis A' Photographer - Maidstone
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 12 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes! Ooops! Sorry - I totally forgot that I'd uploaded that photo to be dated!!!

Thanks Casalguidi  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith