Author Topic: Desparately Seeking Edward George Taylor  (Read 26138 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Desparately Seeking Edward George Taylor
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 10:08 GMT (UK) »
http://byarkivet.langelandkommune.dk/Dengodehistorie/Madslange/Gammel%20stamtavle

Have you seen this, it`s not the answer to your question, but does have information about Alleyne .

Evelyn Cecilia Elizabeth Lange, b. 15/06-1938, SINGAPORE, m. 26/12-1957, Alleyne Junius Dauphus Taylor, b. 07/01-1935, SINGAPORE, d. 13/11-2002, they had 4 children
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 11:33 GMT (UK) »
I know even less of Uncle Donald's family - only heard about him after he died and we were contacted by lawyers...I think I have his social security no in the US...( Donald's)   - will that give me info on my grandad ( ie mutual parents) ??

family search gives following info. Don Taylor birth 13 Dec 1920 death age 78 15 Dec 1998 Sanata Monica Los Angeles 90402 SSN 193-18-1298

you can order this from A*****y (com) - who knows it may contain his parents names or his mother's maiden name

The SSDI contains the following info:
Social Security number,
Surname,
Given Name,
Date of Death,
Date of Birth,
Last Known Residence
Location of Last Benefit
Date and Place of Issuance

The Social Security number is often a piece of information genealogists ...
the number leading to a discovery of a birth place, a maiden name, or parents’ names.

Finding a birth and death date and Social Security number can help in a request for a death certificate or obituary.

As Donald was born in Dec 1920 he won’t be on 1920 US census perhaps you could try 1930 US census

Hi

When you were contacted by the Lawyer's did they explain how they found that you were related to Donald, surely they would have done some Genealogy to come to this conclusion????

Margp - that's an interesting point, a friend was contacted about a member of their family who had died without leaving a will, once everything had been confirmed as to who was who they were sent a basic family tree showing the family line of that person living & deceased - perhaps they do it differently in US  :-\
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It looks like Alleyne died in England

Alleyne Junius D Taylor
Birth  7 Jan 1936
Date  Reg Nov 2002
Age  66
Reg Enfield
Inferred County Middlesex
Reg Number D53D
District and Subdistrict 2271D
Entry number 192

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 12:52 GMT (UK) »

He has a brother who is quite well known... actor /film producer Donald F J Taylor born 1920 on December 13/14 died 29 December in 1998.

I can find some info on my great granduncle Don but nothing of my grandad

Plenty of info. on Donald but no mention of his parents  ???

Bits of other info. online say born
Donald Ritchie Taylor in Pittsburgh and raised in Freeport, Pa
Also Known As:
Donald R Taylor,
Donald Dexter Taylor &
Cpl. Don Taylor
Died: December 29, 1998 Born: December 13, 1920

You give Donald’s middle initials as ‘F’ & ‘J’ are we looking at the right person  ???

more info. mentions Don survived by his sister http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/Don+Taylor/biography/10593/ - unfortunately no mention of a brother Edward  ???

From familysearch has this family on 1930 US Census Freeport Armstrong Pennsylvania

Donald R Taylor b1921 Pennsylvania,
Janet E Taylor b1926
parents
Edward D Taylor b1888 Pennsylvania & Jess D b1890 Pennsylvania

Can't match an Edward George/George Edward Taylor born 1902 to these parents and I would assume that as both Edward & Jess were born in Pennsylvania this is where they married

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Whiskerssue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning from New Zealand....

I am stunned with what you all have found so far and will try to remember what was said so I can reply....

Victor: :)

How did you located the two Edwards birth dates please?

Ok lets see.

After Donald's death we were contacted by lawyers ( my aunt in the UK- dad's sister)  we were listed as next of kin- and for some reason his other "children etc" were by passed - and we were notified. This was to inherit his estate etc. but the will was contested and they won and that was it.

I have heard my dad speak of Uncle Don in the US making making movies etc. My grandad died when I was only 3 .

I have some other names listed in an old birthday book...( belonged to Grandma Connie Jane ) -

Iris Taylor Apr 16 ( year unknown ) I think its his sister

Jane Helen Taylor June 13 ( year unknown) ? relationship

Clarence Taylor Sept 11 ( year unknown ) ? relationship - suspect a brother

D V Taylor Jan 5 ( year unknown ) ? relationship

Sylvia Louisa Alene Taylor Jan 7 ( year unknown) ** this name is so beautifully written it makes me wonder who she was....

Joseph Lawerence Taylor  June 24 1849

My grandad Edward was long dead when Donald Taylor died - so that may be why he was not listed in the "survived by ".......

also I know that uncle Donald had divorced and remarried and there were step children in contest of the will too....

I will go over the info you all so kindly helped me find and see what else I can think of...

Thank you for finding Uncle Allyne's Info...

yes I know about his death and am in contact with that branch of the family -but geneology is not their thing and they don't have more info for me..

they  ( Alleyne and Evelyn and family ) went "back ' to live in the Uk - which makes me think of UK roots as it was always described to me as a child as

" going back to live in the UK..."

my dad's other sister "went back too" with her family .

BUT I am so grateful for the full info on their marriage dates etc...Thank you !!!

again THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! it helps - every little bit helps...!!

Offline Whiskerssue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 21:31 GMT (UK) »
"You give Donald’s middle initials as ‘F’ & ‘J’ are we looking at the right person  "

This is what it looks like to me in the book..I think Donald filled in his birthday in the book himself...its very stylized handwriting....but it looks like an " F" BUT it was filled in on the Dec 14th slot...so ???? mix up in dates...

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I would get the details of the Lawyer who handled this, he must have details of the family, for him to have traced your aunt in England.

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Whiskerssue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 22:09 GMT (UK) »
http://byarkivet.langelandkommune.dk/Dengodehistorie/Madslange/Gammel%20stamtavle

Thank you for this link...I know my cousins but its wonderful to have everyone's birth date etc laid out so I can collect it.....

Thank you I am so grateful!

Offline Whiskerssue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I would get the details of the Lawyer who handled this, he must have details of the family, for him to have traced your aunt in England.

Margp

Thanks...I will try but my aunt in Wales has moved many times since and I dont think she would have kept it....but still worth a shot...