Author Topic: quinn  (Read 1221 times)

Offline TrueScot-Edin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
quinn
« on: Friday 24 February 12 16:08 GMT (UK) »
hi i would love any help i could get, i am looking for info on thomas (tommy) quinn, born in 1917 died in 1995, edinburgh, buried at mount vernon, he had a brother bill, and 2 sisters mary and margaret i think, and i also think he has more siblings, james and patrick are names i have heard, i think there was a patrick from the durham or newcastle, possibly his father or grandfather but not certain, thomas had 5 children to margaret stewart, margaret joyce ruby thomas and james, i would love to know more info about his birth, address when born and his parents names, be great if anyone could help cheers

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: quinn
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 February 12 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

I see a tree on the Mundia website with Thomas and Margaret(1915 - 1986)
If it's not yours perhaps you could contact the tree owner for further information

Just to let you know , we are not allowed to discuss possibly living persons on the open forum

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline TrueScot-Edin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 February 12 16:47 GMT (UK) »
hi ev,

cheers for letting me know im new to this game, i will have a look on that site could you send me a link please? yeah i dont as much wanna discuss the living people as i know them anyway and i do know thats not appropriate i wasnt thinking was jst wantin to put as much info as possible to help anyone who could help me, would be great if anyone did help, i have also though of the names james and owen involved but i think owens quite far back, thanks very much ev and if i ever have anything that might help you jst let me know,

cheers ryan

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 February 12 16:53 GMT (UK) »
http://www.mundia.com/gb/

You will need to sign up but it is free
They don't seem to have much more than you have(at least online)

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline TrueScot-Edin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 February 12 16:59 GMT (UK) »
cheers its a line i find impossible for some reason, i think that could be my uncles tree on mundia, i dont think he knows anymore than me and its his father were looking for info on, what i do know is he was in ww2 as a pow, i think the story goes before he escaped he used to steal rice and things as he was in japan and use his contraband as currency with the guards lol he was a character and a half jst wish we could do some work on his line, and find out a bit more, i know quite a few stories about him though lol

cheers ryan

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 February 12 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Scotlandspeople website has a Thomas Quinn and Margaret Stewart marriage 1939 Midlothian

The birth marriage and death certificate for Thomas will not be available online

If you are in Scotland and near to one of the genealogy centres in Scotland (Edinburgh and Glasgow are the two main ones), you can book yourself in for the day and view more recent BMD certificates which you would not normally be able to view online on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk due to cut off dates for data protection.

ev

Offline TrueScot-Edin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 February 12 17:31 GMT (UK) »
cheers ev i will have a look, i am near edinburgh but i dont get much time so i will need to see what i can do, i didnt think that they had married, thomas did end up having children to another lady in gilmerton in his later years, and margaret stayed in fernieside, so i wasnt sure of there arrangements, but thanks very much i will defo try and get to one of the geneology centers, i will look at scotlands people aswell thankyou

cheers ryan

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 February 12 19:26 GMT (UK) »
The National Archives of Scotland has a possible divorce -

Margaret Stewart or Quinn v Thomas Quinn: Divorce : 1959

There is no further information about this divorce online

ev

Offline TrueScot-Edin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 February 12 20:04 GMT (UK) »
aye that would sound about right as to when they would have seperated lol still didnt expect that they were married, his brother william was married to an agnes i think her name was agnes marshall, and had a daughter faye, williamd and thomas father was im sure named patrick but something tells me its james lol theyve got to be ghosts, sometimes i think i am jst making it up as i go along as i keep hitting dead ends lol

cheers ryan