Author Topic: Quin/Quinn  (Read 835 times)

Offline TrueScot-Edin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Quin/Quinn
« on: Saturday 25 February 12 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi wondering if anyone could help,...
my ggrandfather was a pow in japan i think in ww2, however i think the story goes he escaped, anyway he survived the war and died in 1995 in edinburgh, his name was Thomas Quin(n) his birth certificate and death certificate have difretn spelings of his surname, i was wondering if anyone has ever come across him in any of there searches or knows how i could find him? what i need the most is his details of birth and parents but anything would help i suppose, and i would be extremeley grateful,

Cheers Ryan

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Quin/Quinn
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 February 12 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 February 12 14:14 GMT (UK) »
His name was Thomas Quin(n) his birth certificate and death certificate have difretn spelings of his surname,

what i need the most is his details of birth and parents but anything would help i suppose, and i would be extremeley grateful,

Hi Ryan,

You say you have the birth certificate, what information does that give?

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 February 12 14:23 GMT (UK) »
I see you have several posts on this subject - perhaps it would be best if we reply on http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,583821.msg4352203.html#msg4352203

Offline TrueScot-Edin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 February 12 14:24 GMT (UK) »
hi sorry rose i dont actually have the birth certificate i jst remember there was complications with the death certificate as the spelling was difrent we had to prove the name actually had 2 nn's in it, well grandfather did as it thomas b.1917 was my ggrandfather and it was my grandads father, im sure he told me thomas b.1917d.1995s father is buried in mount vernon edinburgh but his grave might not be marked or something,

i can tell you about siblings, Thomas 3 definite siblings, William, and one of the sisters was Mary or Margaret that is possibly the name of both sisters, potential other siblings are James and Andrew, but not definite and the name Owen and Patrick do come up aswell, there could be other potential siblings of course that i dont know about and the ones i already think are potential siblings could even be aunts uncles cousins or fathers grandfathers etc,etc, that the trouble with researching a family so many common forenames and surnames it gets confusin who goes where, its like a thousand peace jigsaw and thats jst over a few generations lol

any help would be so much appreciated, Cheer Ryan

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 25 February 12 14:27 GMT (UK) »
I think it is best if all replies go on your other post - it is just duplicating work for us as it is  ::)

Rosie