Author Topic: McElney/McElnea  (Read 4519 times)

Offline lindylou123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McElney/McElnea
« on: Thursday 01 December 11 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have researched my McElney ancestors back to the 1700s, but there are several branches I have yet to discover. The Family originated from Co. Monaghan in Ireland.
My Great Grandparents are William McElney and Agnes Curry. 1820c They were farmers in co. monaghan and moved to Randlestown Co Antrim. They had a house called Magherabeg, and another family home was Sharvogues. Can anyone help me??
McElney, McElnea, Anderson, Watson, Hockmuth, Burnett, McKinley, Forster, Blenkinsop, Buscke, Lewis, Jackson, Curry, Lindsey, Hamilton,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McElney/McElnea
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 December 11 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. Magherabeg is a townland in County Antrim and in the 1911 Census it comes under Sharvogues D.E.D.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 December 11 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    There is a Will of William McElney of Magherabeg who died in 1885 in the PRONI Wills site. See - http://applications.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar/WillsSearch.aspx

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline lindylou123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 December 11 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks kings I've just looked at it and wow my Gt Grandfather Thomas McElney 1864-1931 and his younger brother the Revd Robert McElney 1865-1945 were named. Thanks again :) :) :)
McElney, McElnea, Anderson, Watson, Hockmuth, Burnett, McKinley, Forster, Blenkinsop, Buscke, Lewis, Jackson, Curry, Lindsey, Hamilton,

Offline lindylou123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 December 11 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. Magherabeg is a townland in County Antrim and in the 1911 Census it comes under Sharvogues D.E.D.

Thanks I visited this area recently on a visit to belfast and actually found the house, sadly it had been demolished just months before I got there.

Offline lindylou123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 December 11 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    There is a Will of William McElney of Magherabeg who died in 1885 in the PRONI Wills site. See - http://applications.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar/WillsSearch.aspx

Regards
Hi Thanks I have looked this up and my Gt Grandfather Thomas McElney 1864-1931 and his younger brother Revd Robert McElney (1865-1945) are named. I hadnt seen this document before so thank you very much :) :)

Offline lindylou123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McElney/McElnea
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 February 12 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am looking for ancestors of Thomas McElney c1810 and Margaret Jackson. They had 4 sons, Thomas, Robert, George & William. I am a descendant of William (and Agnes Curry). They came from Co. Monaghan.

Offline jimmc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 July 12 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for ancestors of Thomas McElney c1810 and Margaret Jackson. They had 4 sons, Thomas, Robert, George & William. I am a descendant of William (and Agnes Curry). They came from Co. Monaghan.
I too am a descendant of Thomas, through Thomas, brother of William, who moved to Portballintrae in Co. Antrim

Offline lindylou123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 August 12 22:06 BST (UK) »
I too am a descendant of Thomas, through Thomas, brother of William, who moved to Portballintrae in Co. Antrim
Hi Jim are you related to Thomas McElney & Sarah Anderson.