Author Topic: Proof that all Europeans are related from c.1240-1400AD...  (Read 7647 times)

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Proof that all Europeans are related from c.1240-1400AD...
« Reply #27 on: Friday 16 March 12 09:57 GMT (UK) »
If I have a 'clan mother', does that mean I need to buy a kilt ?  ;D
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 16 March 12 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Andy, the information you've given is really interesting and certainly gives food for thought, and thank you for taking the trouble to post it all.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the comments you have posted both before and since are equally interesting and I'm bookmarking this thread so I can come back to it again and again and try and get my head round it all!
Whether one agrees or not, I think thanks are due to Andy for such a detailed explanation of his assertion in the earlier thread
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rufous Treecreeper

• RootsChat Senior
  • My lovely Granny 1909 to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 19 March 12 08:08 GMT (UK) »
I'd like to echo Maggie's thoughts.  It has been most interesting reading this thread.  Thanks to all involved.

My own genealogy has shown me how common related people procreating was.  I have found evidence of it on both maternal and paternal sides and from early times until quite recently.  Most recently my maternal great grandparents were second cousins, (and one of them was the the result of first cousins marrying) and much further back I've found entanglement through Scottish lines, (that go back, waaaay back if I choose to believe the online trees  ::) )

Mo (who only has one head, amazingly  ;) )
Best (Sussex/Australia)
Brown (Kent/Australia)
Milbourne (Australia)
Orr (Renfrew/Fife/Australia)
Livingstone, Bryson, Hutton (Hamilton, Lanark)