Author Topic: Proof that all Europeans are related from c.1240-1400AD...  (Read 9302 times)

Offline Andy_Keogh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Proof that all Europeans are related from c.1240-1400AD...
« on: Saturday 11 February 12 17:38 GMT (UK) »
* Moderator comment: topic split from http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,578371.10.html *

Had a wee look at the website from Adam. It should have started from 7700BC - going by the Jewish calendar.

More accurately Adam was born about 60,000 years ago but Eve about 140,000 years ago. Genetically, or personally, they never dated or exchanged an apple!

In fact I can show how, genetically, EVERYONE is related prior to about 1150AD - regardless of ethnicity.

I can prove mathematically that all Europeans are related from about 1240AD -1400AD - So you DO have Royal blood.

If anyone is interested - ASK!

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you draw the line ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 February 12 17:55 GMT (UK) »
OK Andy, I'm interested, please take this as 'asking'.   (Sorry Iain if this is hijacking your thread)
We have a family legend about descent from Robert the Bruce, on the wrong side of the blanket of course.    It's totally unproveable but I've always believed that in a small corner of Scotland where families were based, and intermarrying, for generations, and with him acknowledging so many illegitimate children, probably over the centuries everyone has some sort of link to him, however tenuous.

Would love to learn some factual background for my theory!
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline Joyful

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My beautiful Mum & Uncle Neil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 February 12 08:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm interested 'asking' for details as well Andy...apologies Iain ;)

Joy
Anderson R&C & Orkney, Jack, Patience, Hood R&C, McVicar Argll & Glasgow, Gourlay Glasgow, Docherty Glasgow, McNicol Argyll, Leask Orkney, Cumming Okney,
Tait Orkney, Brown Orkney, Sinclair Orkney, Craigie Orkney, Foulis Orkney, Beard Gloucester & Bundarra NSW, Pamplin Cambridge & NSW, Ashman Cambridge, McCarthy Ireland & Glen Innes NSW, Raleigh Ireland, Connelly Ireland, Waldron Ireland.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Guyana

• RootsChat Member
  • How far back do you want to go?
    • View Profile
Re: Proof that all Europeans are related from c.1240-1400AD...
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 February 12 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the info. and the offer, Andy.
When I think about a lot of people whom I'd rather not be related to, - do I really want to know? I've got enough problems with my existing lot.
CORDEN - N.Staffs/N.Warwicks
MORGAN - Tamworth/Notts
HIGGS - N. Warwicks
DEEMING - N.Warwicks
LEWIS - N.Warwicks

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 February 12 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Ignoring genetics, mathematically, if you go back much more than a dozen or so generations you'll find that you're related to almost anybody. The genetic problem which has always puzzled me is that if a child inherits  only his mothers genes, that child must be female!

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 February 12 17:08 GMT (UK) »
I'm interested 'asking' for details as well Andy...apologies Iain ;)

Joy

The answer is quite simple..... every time you go back a generation, you double the number of people who were responsible for your existence.  Once you have gone back more than about 10 generations, the number gets to be quite huge.   Bigger, in fact, than the entire population of Europe at the time.  So, there had to be quite a lot of inter-breeding going on.
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 February 12 19:21 GMT (UK) »
It's actually considerably more than 10 generations. Since the population in Europe c.1400 was very approximately 50 million, you have to go back over about 25 generations to reach that number.

More accurately Adam was born about 60,000 years ago but Eve about 140,000 years ago. Genetically, or personally, they never dated or exchanged an apple!

I'm much more confused how the genetic Adam and Eve weren't living at the same time. I know nothing about this, but how did the first woman precede the first man by 80,000 years?

In any case, what does that have to do with the amount of interbreeding in Europe?

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 February 12 23:05 GMT (UK) »
As far as I'm aware, 25 is more than 10, and I did say "more than about 10"  :)

10 generations only requires 2048 individuals, but 10 generations is only about 250 to 300 years.  25 generations is about 625 years, which takes us nicely back to around the year 1400, which is nicely inside the periods mentioned by Andy_Keogh.

RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 February 12 23:24 GMT (UK) »
I just thought it worth pointing out that in this context there is a big difference between 10 generations and 25. Hence my use of the word "considerably". Sorry.

In any case, Andy could you please explain "how, genetically, EVERYONE is related prior to about 1150AD - regardless of ethnicity." I'm rather confused about that.