Author Topic: Garner family Fleckney  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Garner family Fleckney
« on: Monday 27 February 12 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Anyone belong to or re-searching this family?

xin

Offline Graybeard65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Garner family Fleckney
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 April 14 18:26 BST (UK) »
     I'm researching the Garner family, that for the most part, originates from the Packington, Ashby de la Zouch region.  Earliest ancestor I discovered so far is a John Garner,1700-1740 in Burbage.  Parents (not confirmed were Nicolas and Mary Cheny). Married Catherine Choice, 1705-1799.  They had 3 children, John, 1729-1799, Hastings, 1728-1799, and Susanna, 1733-1733.
     I wouldn't be surprised if there were and relations from nearby Derbyshire.  Obviously my research is concentrated in Pakington-Asby de la Zouch area.
    Any information you're willing to share would greatly be appreciated.
    I don't always visit this site regularly.  Please feel free to contact me at Rgar65@gmail.com.  Thanks for listening, and hope to hear from you soon.  :)

Richard Garner

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 April 14 19:37 BST (UK) »
Its a good idea to remove your email addie from the online post and then post me a couple of more queries to enable private messaging.

As you can see I posted this one a couple of years ago...
So as of this exact moment.. cannot fathom who they are!?!?!? :) :) :) sorry. 
But of course I will find them somewhere ... hang on  .... whilst I browse.

This is rather strange, though as I am working on the Argyle branch at the moment and one of them married a Garner, but two years ago I would not have had a clue about that ---

Still checking....  ::)

No cannot fathom anyone in my tree at the moment named Garner from  Fleckney..  So maybe I was helping someone else out at that time...

will think on it over night.

The Garners married to the Argyles.  are from around Hinckley area.  and the only other Garner I have is married to an Eliza Lobb in America and Eliza family came from Cornwall.

crazy this game... suppose its a good idea to have a fully functioning memory....

xin   ;) ;) ;)

Offline MrsMoneypenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 17:23 BST (UK) »
there used to be a shop in the middle of old Fleckney village called Garners Store when i lived in the village it was run by John Garner his wife Nora and Johns sister 'Meg' (Muriel Edith Garner) and her husband frank.
i vist fleckney church yard at least once a year to take flowers to meg and franks grave. i know megs parents (the founders of the shop) are buried there and think there are other garner graves.

Offline jdavidboyd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 July 22 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was this Meg Garner by any chance? If so, she was once my mother's (Dorothy Reeve's) best friend.

regards

David