Author Topic: smith/booth gypsies nottingham  (Read 54167 times)

Offline Jerry Smith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: smith/booth gypsies nottingham
« Reply #216 on: Sunday 14 June 20 13:48 BST (UK) »
My mums family go back to booth on her mams side and hames .they traveled around Lincs and Notts but also derby and far as hereford for hop picking and several family members live in melton mulberry .id like to find my booth line .

Offline Joanne Crowder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, this is the same family I'm looking for but I'm trying to concentrate on the haymes, hames, haynes family, James born 1890 in stone, staffordshire to Catherine hames, her father listed as either Michael or Billy, I cant find any information going further back, Catherine lived with Jack, Smith or booth,  she listed herself as Catherine Smith in the 1911 census, but she never married, the children took the name haymes or Smith at times, any chance of any help please, overwhelmed with this x

Offline kaziah

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Joanne,
I've sent you a PM.
Kazi
Smith, Plumb, Booth, Slater, Purdy, Clayton, Loveridge
Gray, Parker, Elliott, Wright, Towle, Wesseldine, Margot's, Bacon, Blankley, Goodwin, Stafford.

Offline Joanne Crowder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Thursday 09 July 20 15:36 BST (UK) »
I've just read all your posts kazi, fascinating,  are you on about Catherine hames as the gt grandmother, I'm trying to find her parentage , I cant get on your trees as I'm like a pig with a gun without instructions,  Brill researching by the way x

Offline Jerry Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Thursday 09 July 20 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Joanne,
I've sent you a PM.
Kazi
Hi my great gran was Clara hames and kizzy was my great great gran , I'm trying todo a family tree but need some help ,do you have Noah "jack " smith married to Clara hames ,Noah my great grandad but I can not find any deatails on his family before he married Clara in Derbyshire .any info or pics would be great .jerry

Offline Jerry Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Thursday 09 July 20 17:23 BST (UK) »
I've just read all your posts kazi, fascinating,  are you on about Catherine hames as the gt grandmother, I'm trying to find her parentage , I cant get on your trees as I'm like a pig with a gun without instructions,  Brill researching by the way x
kizzy my great great gran ,I will ask my brother if he knows who her parents were .i also have few old photos you may not have of kizzy and her family ,do you have photos ?

Offline Jerry Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Thursday 09 July 20 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, this is the same family I'm looking for but I'm trying to concentrate on the haymes, hames, haynes family, James born 1890 in stone, staffordshire to Catherine hames, her father listed as either Michael or Billy, I cant find any information going further back, Catherine lived with Jack, Smith or booth,  she listed herself as Catherine Smith in the 1911 census, but she never married, the children took the name haymes or Smith at times, any chance of any help please, overwhelmed with this x
kizzy my great great gran ,I will ask my brother if he knows who her parents were .i also have few old photos you may not have of kizzy and her family ,do you have photos ?

Offline Sasgid

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Friday 10 July 20 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm trying to find as much information as possible about my side of the family ,I'm catherine haymes great great granddaughter,  my granma doreen was the daughter of james haymes and mary ann ford ,james was the son of catherine ,my grandma sadly passed away 2014 and I wish I'd found out everything I needed to know before she passed ,but wanting to find everything and everything out about my family roots who who and go back as far as I can . Many thanks Sarah

Offline Joanne Crowder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Thursday 16 July 20 10:42 BST (UK) »
Sarah has photos , just needs names putting to them, kazi has the wealth of information,  I'm helping Sarah, between us we should find something out, I'm hoping kazi finds out who and where Catherine was from, shes intriguing x