Author Topic: St Audry's hospital, Melton, Suffolk  (Read 9769 times)

Offline rowenahotton60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Audry's hospital, Melton, Suffolk
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 May 12 16:49 BST (UK) »
hi my gran was  jessie chinnery and she died in at audreys in 1974  so would love to know if she is mentioned at all
please let me know how i can see what was written if anything and i wait with baited breath to hear from you
many thanx x

Offline Hephzibah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 May 12 19:49 BST (UK) »
To echo Pat's thanks and a big thankyou for not disposing of them in the rubbish bin. They will be a wonderful asset to anybody researching St Audry's at the Suffolk Record Office.
Hephzibah
PENDAL & variants: Suffolk; Bardwell, Tannington, Weybread, Dennington & Worlingworth
ELLINOR: Suffolk; Redgrave/ Gislingham.
GRAYSTON: Suffolk; Ipswich.
GIRLING: Suffolk; Stradbroke/Ipswich
HAWES: Suffolk; Harkstead/Holbrook/Capel St Mary/Ipswich
BECK: Co Durham; Chopwell & Northumberland; Newcastle upon Tyne.
MILLER: Cumberland; Mawbray/Hayrigg/ Silloth.
FAIRLAM: Co Durham; Allendale Cottages, Low Westwood, Milkwell Burn.
WESTGARTH: Co Durham; Bishop Auckland

Offline IrishTess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:28 BST (UK) »
Apologies to all, I got called away to work at the other end of the country at short notice, so I have not yet delivered the books to the records office. The good news is I found another small sheaf of papers with names, dates and grave numbers dating from 1954 to 1962, so they will also be going to the records office.
Tess

Offline rowenahotton60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:36 BST (UK) »
hi
thank you so much for replying  I just wish i knew what was in the case lol
please let me know if your scanner  starts working or  when you deliver the books
can u  tell me if shes mentioned in the new sheafs of burials as i can't find out if she had a plot on the hospital grounds or a proper burial
I am trying to find her medical records but  where Audry Hospitals concerned everything seems to be a bit vague
Many Thanks
Rowena x

Offline SUFFOLK BOY

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi  records are held at Ipswich Record Office and I was told that the patients records come under the 100 year law but if your a relative there is a form you can fill in and send away.I have to do this myself when I get time so hope this helps.
Brown and Oakley family Glemsford and Lavenham Suffolk,Simpson, Stewart/Steward,Hartley,Hardy family all Lavenham. Pepper family Herringswell, Wakerley & Suffolk.Chapman and Pattle family  Suffolk. Desmond family from cork Ireland and London. Anybody wants information on the Brown family from Suffolk let me know would be glad to help.

Offline sueandrews64

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 May 12 21:08 BST (UK) »
hi
thanx for all the replies and help
I cannot believe that after all this time she is finally becoming a real person  Jessie Chinery had my dad and gave him away to a cpl to bring up as their own and my dad never wanted to know but sadly he died and  I need to know where i came from and it has been an epic  passage so far but i finally know who  my nan is all i need to know know is to try  and understand who she really was  and why she ended up where she did and was she really alone

Offline rowenahotton60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 May 12 21:11 BST (UK) »
PLEASE IGNORE PREVIOUS POST I DIDN'T REALIS SUE WAS LOGGED IN SO CAN A MOD PLEASE DELETE sueandrews64 posting lol

hi
thanx for all the replies and help
I cannot believe that after all this time she is finally becoming a real person  Jessie Chinery had my dad and gave him away to a cpl to bring up as their own and my dad never wanted to know but sadly he died and  I need to know where i came from and it has been an epic  passage so far but i finally know who  my nan is all i need to know know is to try  and understand who she really was  and why she ended up where she did and was she really alone

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 08 December 12 21:09 GMT (UK) »
t :D Just looking through the posts for Suffolk and found this. I was engaged to the daughter of the maintenance man who lived in the cottages there 1954. Also played cricket there and once about 100 or more patients came onto the pitch to field. I was an opening bat for R S and Jefferies but never got into double figure at St Audrey's. Could not remember the name of the hospital, so thanks and a happy christmas to you all ivor.

Offline yle001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 26 October 16 18:32 BST (UK) »
hi do you still have these records please