Author Topic: Minnie Todd from Ashington England to Aukland New Zealand  (Read 11910 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Minnie Todd from Ashington England to Aukland New Zealand
« Reply #54 on: Friday 23 March 12 23:33 GMT (UK) »

Thats a good find you never know whats lurking about in the internet
Keep hunting
Elizabeth

McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Patty25

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 28 March 12 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth, Elli and All  :)

Thanks for the information Elli. I'll send off for his Service sheet. I've found out that Samuel Paterson served on the HMS Veronica, Diomede and London, but would like to know more.

Regards.

Patty

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 28 March 12 21:41 BST (UK) »
So pleased for you let us know how you come on
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Patty25

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 01 April 12 20:38 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I managed to get a copy of Samuel Paterson's service sheet. It looks as though he signed on for 12 years on the 9th January 1924 aged 19. The ships listed are Pembroke 2 (Naval barracks?), Marlborough and Veronica.

This service seems to end on December 1928 however I'm sure he was in the Royal Navy from then on until the end of the War.

There is a stamp on this service sheet that states 'record transferred to card ...........  1929). Some of the wording / numbers are unclear.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the record seems to be incomplete?

Patty

Offline Mardi Muirson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 11:02 GMT (UK) »
It's been awhile since I first saw this thread, researching the Cooper & Todd connection on behalf of shared Ancestry DNA matches with my husband Garth Muirson (83)
One match is Carolyn nee Harding whose grandparents were  Andrew Winnick Cooper &  Sarah nee Todd. 
If anyone wants to contact me for further information re the NZ story I'm willing to help with what I