Author Topic: Henry Corr  (Read 4910 times)

Offline smegan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Corr
« on: Thursday 01 March 12 13:24 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for my great great grandfather Henry Alfred Corr.
 He was married to Adelaide Crolly (daughter of Patrick Crolly of Abbey lodge then Cabra lodge in Blanchardstown).  They were married in a chapel in Blanchardstown in 1885.
 I have the marriage certificate, it lists Luke Corr as Henry's father but it seems he was already dead at the time of the marriage. Both Henry and Adelaide didn't work at the time, were listed as "lady" and "gentleman". I have done some research and it seems Luke Corr was from Roscommon, he owned a considerable amount of land.
Henry and Adelaide had 3 children; Alice Corr, Alan Corr and Valentine Corr. Valentine is my great grandfather. He was born in 1890, at which time Henry Alfred is listed to be working as a collector for the gas company and they lived in Rathmines park terrace.  It's interesting that Henry would go from gentleman to gas collector within a few short years.
 The story in my family is that Henry was a doctor and Adelaide had very expensive taste so he went to a "new world" to make more money and was never heard from again. I have checked immigration records, birth records, death records etc etc and I can't find anything on him except his marriage record which tells me his profession/address etc. Adelaide was listed as a widow in 1901 and had valentine in 1890 so he went away within that time.
 I have a photograph of Adelaide and the children from around that time. Adelaide died in Elsinore Villa, Bray which I believe was a holiday home we owned. On her death cert it says "widow of accountant" which i find very confusing.
I've reached a dead end now and would appreciate any help anyone could give me. I want to know what happened to Henry Alfred Corr.

Thanks!

Offline Stéphanie R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Corr
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 August 12 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi!
I see your post and I'm very interested because I'm actually writing a thesis on the Corr family in Belgium at the beginning and half of the ninteenth century (they were from Roscommon!!!). Maybe you could help me and give some informations that I don't have yet. And maybe I could teach some to you...

You can contact me by m private adress if you desire it. Till this time, you could search wikipedia "Fanny Corr" and "Erin Corr". You will see what I'm studying for now... 

Expexcting news from you.

Stéphanie R.

Offline Lisacul Rosie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 August 12 20:25 BST (UK) »

Offline Stéphanie R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 August 12 20:35 BST (UK) »
Yes, it's already cheked :) Thanks to you.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 16:51 BST (UK) »
Death;

Henry Corr; 15/12/1858 Durham Roscommon
--
Elphin Census 1749; Roscommon

Luke Corr-Rathleague;Farmer

James Corr-Athleague; Butcher