Author Topic: Ronald Fraser, 75, Miller, in Boath, Alness[1841]  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Spain

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ronald Fraser, 75, Miller, in Boath, Alness[1841]
« on: Tuesday 06 March 12 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Can anybody add any information about the Ronald Fraser, 75, miller, who was the head of a household in Boath, Alness (Cathrine, 45, and Alexr, 54, taylor, (sic) in the 1841 census?
I have not found Ronald in 1851. Alexander, tailor of Boath, married Catherine Ross on 24 Jan 1844 (Alness PR) and their son Ronald was born in 1846 in Rosskeen where the family were living in 1851 - Alexander is now recorded as 61 [est DOB 1790]. By 1861 Catherine [DOB c1816/7 in Alness] is a widow and I have evidence for the family from there. It is possible that Alexander was her second husband - he married a Catherine Ross but her 1894 death certificate lists her parents as Alexander Fraser, farmer (Alexander No.2!) and Margaret MS Fraser
It is not clear whether the 1841 Cathrine in Boath was Ronald's wife or Alexander's sister or his first wife.....
The names Ronald/Donald, Alexander and Catherine are all too common in the general area of Alness and Rosskeen and I know that burials are difficulty to research. I believe that the Alness and Rosskeen records have not survived for much before the late 1700s and I accept that this may be as far back as I can go, but I would be very grateful if anyone can help