Author Topic: Greetings! New to forum (Lynch surname)  (Read 1784 times)

Offline AnotherLynch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Greetings! New to forum (Lynch surname)
« on: Tuesday 06 March 12 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Good morning--
Wanted to introduce myself--my name is Jonni Lynch, and I am from the Cincinnati, Ohio area in the United States.  Doing research on my husband's family, the Lynch's, of County Cavan, Knockbride Parish, Seefin Townland or Bailleboro....which is like searching for a grain of sand on the beach!  I can somewhat place my husband's Grandfatherx2, Peter Joseph Lynch here in Cincinnati by 1868 (as a Huckster, who later became a well known poulterer with his brother).  He would have been one of the first children born of Edward and Mary (Cusick, Cusack (?)) Lynch of Seefin.  Other children born of this marriage (that I know) are sisters Mary, Agnes and Kate (Catherine) and brothers James and Edward, one of the youngest, who died about 1906 and never married, in Seefin.

I'm lucky enough with my findings stateside--the Lynch's were "recent" immigrants, with my husband being only the 4th Generation here in Cincinnati, but it's when we get to Ireland, things get a little iffy, what with everyone being called Peter, James, Joseph, Maggie, Kate, Bridget!  I'm running into trouble with records since Ireland didn't start keeping track until 1865, but in family papers, there are references to St. Bridget's Church, Knockbride, Tunnyduff P.O., Bailleboro and I have contacted the diocese there for proper procedure.

Anyhow, if you have a cross of the Lynch's on your geneaology pages and would be willing to share, I'd really appreciate it.  Have a great day!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings! New to forum (Lynch surname)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Listing for Kockbride R.C. records- see here.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline AnotherLynch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings! New to forum (Lynch surname)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very kindly--it can be a little overwhelming, can't it?  I'll hit this up on my lunch hour!