Author Topic: BECK family of Dromore/Dromara  (Read 16824 times)

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BECK family of Dromore/Dromara
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 11:18 BST (UK) »
Beck
see
1660s  Hearth Money Rolls
see http://www.billmacafee.com
download example
Database containing names and places from the Hearth Money Rolls [T307] for the counties of Antrim [1669], Londonderry [1663], Tyrone [1666] and Donegal [Baronies of Inishowen and Raphoe] 1665 - read more. [in Excel [North Ulster]or   PDF [North Ulster
headings
Record No.   No. in Barony List   County   Barony   Parish   Townland (Modern Spelling)   Townland as spelt in Hearth Money Rolls   Forename as spelt in Hearth Money Rolls   Surname as spelt in Hearth Money Rolls   Surname [Standardised]

13650   41   Antrim   Belfast Upper   Shankill   Town of Belfast   Parish of Belfast
   Thomas   Becke   Beck
14497   888   Antrim   Belfast Upper   Shankill   Malone Lower   Lower Libertyes of Malone   John   Beck   Beck
14523   914   Antrim   Belfast Upper   Shankill   Malone Lower   Lower Libertyes of Malone   Mr John   Beck   Beck

i suspect you need muster rolls hearth rolls for co down. i cant help you check bills website fully in case any clues
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline genid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 13:13 BST (UK) »
Many thanks BALLYALTKILLIGANG - but I have all this info. I was simply wanting to contact Dougmc or Soapy1 to give them information on their families.

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 21:18 BST (UK) »
David

I'm just so so pleased with your reply and the replies that have been generated. Dorothea was my 3rd Great Grandmother, both she and her husband John are on the death certificates of their children , and John is shown as a soldier - I was half contemplating that he was English but couldn't find any evidence of his existence other than on those certificates. I also have the details you mention about Robert Beresford marrying Mary Beck over in Dromore and thought that possibly the Beresfords kept a bit more in touch with the remaining family in Dromore and that Mary was in fact related. I would of course be interested in knowing more
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline Megedith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 17 October 20 22:30 BST (UK) »
I believe Sarah Beck and Alexander Gibson are my great, great, great grandparents, moving to Scotland on the late 1860s with sons William b1859/60 and John b1861/62.  William and John moved to Bolton in Lancashire when they were aged 21 and 19 years.  Can anyone verify this?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 18 October 20 15:42 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

I believe Sarah Beck and Alexander Gibson are my great, great, great grandparents........

Sarah Beck bapt: 1835 July 28 married 1858 Aug 28
    Alexander Gibson @ 2nd Dromore Presbyterian

If they are, then this was their marriage (writing is very poor):
 https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1858/09544/5460027.pdf

Their fathers were John Gibson and John Beck, both weavers. Alexander was also a weaver and looks to be a minor (under 21). Both Alexander and Sarah were living in the townland of Ballyvicknacally (again writing very poor).
https://www.townlands.ie/down/dromore/ballyvicknacally/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Megedith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 18 October 20 19:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you KG, this is very helpful and gives me another area to research.

Offline bobby48

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 16 April 21 12:40 BST (UK) »
I foud this very interesting would anyone know the parents of John Beck 1797 and Sarah Watson 1797
Kind regards
Bobby Beck

Offline DaveMcC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 20:31 BST (UK) »
My Great Granduncle Robert John Anderson from Aughnahoe, Derryaghy, Lisburn, married Louisa Beck from Dromore. Louisa was born around 1905 in Ballykeel, Dromore and died in 2002 and her parents were: Robert Beck Born around 1858 and died 1937 and Martha Graham 1871-1933 (I need to confirm these dates) but John and Martha were married 31 March 1891 in Ballynahinch and had 8 children (Birth year dates only for most as I have not yet confirmed more than that:

The above mentioned Louisa 1905-2002, Maud Born 1892, Edith Born 1894, Martha Born 1896, Jane 1898, Jessie Born 1898, Robert Born 1901, Florence 1905 and Nora Born 1909.

1911 Census record for them: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Ballykeel/Ballykeel/249337/

Robert Anderson and Lousia had at least one child that I know about, my 1 cousin x2 removed William George Anderson, born around 1937 died on 20th May 2000 in Belfast.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 29 July 21 09:52 BST (UK) »
My Great Granduncle Robert John Anderson from Aughnahoe, Derryaghy, Lisburn, married Louisa Beck from Dromore. Louisa was born around 1905 in Ballykeel, Dromore........

Louisa born 18th May 1907.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01702/1675126.pdf

Robert Anderson married Louisa Beck on 21st August 1935 in Lisburn R.D.
Marriage record available from GRONI On-line https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo