Author Topic: LLwydiarth Esgob...Prichard  (Read 15294 times)

Offline aledfychan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LLwydiarth Esgob...Prichard
« on: Monday 12 March 12 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Does anyone have any info on the family of Robert PRICHARD who resided at LLwydiarth Esgob LLannerchymedd in the late 1700s...lookin for ancestry and siblings...I don't think theres a connection between RP and Huw Huws of the same place, HH ancestry being well documented.

thanks
Aled

Offline aledfychan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LLwydiarth Esgob...Prichard
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 March 12 13:52 GMT (UK) »
bit more info on the descendants of RP...he had a son Robert, a solicitor, and HIS son Thomas Prichard b1846 was an antiquarian, which would imply theres a pedigree somewhere?!!!!...or at least a tree :~)

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 01:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Aled  :)

Bangor University have the Llwydiarth Escob manuscripts, and according to Archives Wales, "Thomas Prichard (1846-1920) ....... was a member of an old family who had lived at Llwydiarth Esgob, Llannerch-y-medd, Anglesey for many generations".

http://www.archiveswales.org.uk/

It may be worth contacting them?

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline aledfychan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 13:19 GMT (UK) »
thanks Morgan...but i think that the Prichard family moved in after Huw Huws died in 1775...and the generations would be thomas...robert jnr and robert snr....there are trees on a site which i can't access with thomas prichard b 1846..how far back the generations go i don't know!!...primarily it's Robert Snr 's siblings i am interested in, hoping that he has a brother William and a sister Jane...

thanks
Aled

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 June 12 16:33 BST (UK) »
    I'm still looking at my ancestors from Llanerchymedd ... something of interest to you during my search is an item in a Druidic news bulletin, undated as yet but dating from the late 1700s or very early 1800s. It's in Welsh but a quick precis shows the funeral of Elizabeth Richards, only sister of the Rev. John Richards of Llanerchymedd. One of the officiating clergy was the Rev.Robert Prichard, of Llwydiarth Esgob, Anglesey. The other clergy was the Rev. D. James, (Druidic name, Dewi o Dyfed). of Eglwys Llangwn. I've been trying to date the event by searching the Druidic name but without success.
My G4, Rev. John Richards, was born in 1760 at Llanerchymedd. Hope that this helps.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline rebesgob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 March 13 23:34 GMT (UK) »
hello aled
I am living in llwydiarth esgob and am a direct descendant of robert pritchard.
Can i be of any help?

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 March 13 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
              I now have the will of the Rev. John Richards, Llanerchymedd. It was drawn up and signed by R. Prichard, Jr, Solicitor, Llwydiarth Esgob. The will is dated 1833.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Duke66

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi rebesgob, i wonder if you can help me,my great grandfather's name was Francis Thomas and when he enlisted into the army during WW1 his service records give his address as Llwydiarth Esgob, he was a farm labourer.He was injured and died of his wounds in February 1917,his name is on the memorial in Llanerchymedd. Is it possible to come and look at where he lived and worked before he was killed? Any help would be greatfuly received.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 June 14 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Aled,
                  Here's some additional information concerning Robert Prichard Jnr. of Llwydiarth 
   Esgob ...Better late than never!
   I mentioned in my previous post an event at Liverpool, written in Welsh, that my translator made
   a mess of. It actually was from the Marriage of Robert Prichard Jnr. (1803-1874) to Elizabeth
   Richards, (1809-1872). the daughter of James Richards of Llanerchymedd. The marriage was at   
   West Derby, Liverpool and was attended by James Richards and John Richards, Elizabeth's
   brother. (he was a customs officer at Liverpool at that time). Marriage date was 20th April 1841.
             They had 7 children.
                                Robert B 1842.
                                Elizabeth B 1843 (Bap.26-8-1843) Death 7 Dec 1843.
                                Elizabeth B 1845 (Bap.24-2-1845) Death 20 June 1846.
                                Thomas   B 1846
                                Anne Jane B 1847
                                Elizabeth B 1848 (Bap.14-5-48)
                                Eleanor B1849 (Elinor)
   All of the children were born at Llwydiarth Esgob, and were Christened at Llandyfrydog church.
   John Richards, the customs officer, (married 2 months later to one of the richest women in   
   Liverpool), promptly retired from the customs service and bought the house, Brynllwyd, in
   Llanerchymedd, just a stone's throw from Llwydiarth Esgob. (Still standing at present but
   disused). He was the well-known druid, Iocyn Ddu).
                                                             Regards from Sweden.