Author Topic: Ewen Cameron Bruce -distinguished soldier, convicted felon- died Cheltenham 1925  (Read 12138 times)

Offline corisande

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • grantonline.com cairogang.com irishbrigade.eu
    • View Profile
Re: Ewen Cameron Bruce -distinguished soldier, convicted felon- died Cheltenham 1925
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 21:18 GMT (UK) »
That's very kind of you  :)
Grant in Tipperary
Piper in Tipperary
Blong in Leix
Watson in Offaly
Pugh in North Wales
Evans in North Wales
Proctor in Edinburgh
Steedman in Stirling

Offline Dave Jones

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ewen Cameron Bruce -distinguished soldier, convicted felon- died Cheltenham 1925
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 March 12 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Cheltenham Looker On 20th February 1915
February 16th, at the Chapel Royal, Savoy, Ewan Cameron Bruce, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, attached Royal Flying Corps, youngest son of the late Alan Cameron Bruce-Pryce, formerly of Duffryn, St Nicholas, Glamorganshire, and of Abbeyholme, Cheltenham, to Eugenie Mary Alice, elder daughter of the late Guy Francis Thomas Power, I.C.S, and of Mrs Power, of 1, Delabere, Cheltenham.

Offline corisande

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • grantonline.com cairogang.com irishbrigade.eu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 March 12 19:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for that wedding notice for Ewen Cameron Bruce.

I always find it amazing how much of any of our lives is chronicled i one place or another.
Grant in Tipperary
Piper in Tipperary
Blong in Leix
Watson in Offaly
Pugh in North Wales
Evans in North Wales
Proctor in Edinburgh
Steedman in Stirling

Offline jangar567

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 April 12 18:59 BST (UK) »
I was shocked to read about Ewen's fall from grace! I met his wife EUGENIE's sister WINIFRED EVELYN POWER b1893, who was my elocution teacher, around 1967. Eugenie and Ewen had 2 children (born 1917 and 1921)both named after themeselves but cannot find what happened to them. Like most of her aunts Winifred died a spinster (in 1980) not long after her sister Eugenie in 1978.

Offline ukalvin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 July 12 21:49 BST (UK) »
Ewen & Eugenie had 3 children, Ewen Anthony Bruce (Tony) was the eldest, only son.
Tony was born in 1917 and died in 2002. He served in the RAF during WW2 flying Spitfires; shot down twice, one over Malta and bailed into the sea. Tony himself had 3 children; Ewen (Vince) Bruce; Charles (Nish) Bruce and XXX Bruce.

Moderator comment: names of (possibly) living people removed to protect their privacy, as is Rootschat policy. Please pass such information by private message, which you can do once you make a few more posts.  Thank you.

An incredible family.

Vince Bruce (1954-2011) was a famous rodeo performer and Nish Bruce (1956 - 2002) was the first SAS Soldier to parachute into the Falklands, awarded the QGM for his bravery in Northern Ireland and author to his autobiography: Freefall by Tom Read.

Offline andrew bruce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 14:31 BST (UK) »
Ewen & Eugenie had 3 children, Ewen Anthony Bruce (Tony) was the eldest, only son.
Tony was born in 1917 and died in 2002. He served in the RAF during WW2 flying Spitfires; shot down twice, one over Malta and bailed into the sea. Tony himself had 3 children; Ewen (Vince) Bruce; Charles (Nish) Bruce and XXX Bruce.

Moderator comment: names of (possibly) living people removed to protect their privacy, as is Rootschat policy. Please pass such information by private message, which you can do once you make a few more posts.  Thank you.

An incredible family.

Vince Bruce (1954-2011) was a famous rodeo performer and Nish Bruce (1956 - 2002) was the first SAS Soldier to parachute into the Falklands, awarded the QGM for his bravery in Northern Ireland and author to his autobiography: Freefall by Tom Read.

Offline andrew bruce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 15:27 BST (UK) »
Dear all
              Pertaining to my grandfather Ewen Cameron Bruce, if you wish to know more regarding his life  and the very strange trial that was  held in Ireland by a military court even though it should have been a civil one please log in his name on the wilkipedia site!
                                      I would like to plainly state here I am the last remaining brother Nish and now Vince dead! My mother going out to America to nurse the latter through the last remaining few months of  life!
                                                                                            As you see my family is landed gentry the reason the wilkipedia biography is written is  because of what you chose to head the description of Ewen Bruces life with! Hmm a year! After my brothers death ! Thank u so much!  Perhaps u wanted to take the family down a peg or two!  I have to join this site for write of reply !
                                                                                      I see you have no sense of anything probably a case of the compassion and good manners  you dont know you have not got!
                       Be aware! If I can ever return what you have tried to bestow on my families name to your name! I will have pleasdure in doing so! God allowing
 I do not wish you to apologise as comming from you would be meaningless  as for the nasty spiteful headline for my grandfathers  whole life keep it there if you wish it will be helpful as a reminder to meal to deal with you oh and my name is Andrew Gordon Cameron Bruce I dont know the title of the author who wrote my grandfathers headline  so I will hold all of you responsible without predjudice
                              AGC Bruce

Moderator comment: Capitals removed

Offline brianoleary85

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 16:17 BST (UK) »
With due respect Mr Bruce, Ewen Cameron Bruce was convicted for his crimes in Ireland by a court duly constituted under British law. Further hearings at courts of appeal confirmed the initial finding against him. Ewen Cameron Bruce "bestowed" these things on his family name (as you put it), not the original poster in this thread. Threatening others on the internet is hardly suggestive of the "compassion and good manners" you demand of others.

Offline andrew bruce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 06 August 15 12:40 BST (UK) »
Dear moderator,
                       I am mortified and puzzled by your reply, I certainly did not intend that you should imagine my post was a threat indeed I merely stated I would bestow on you what you had bestowed on my family your reply indicates that what you  originally bestowed was meant in a threatening manner in the first place and that by my reciprocation I was doing likewise how strange
  In regard the second part of your reply regarding my grandfather you are mistaken about appeals there were none they were denied there was no retrial even though witness testament was proved to be false as to the amount of money taken even that was found to be false with the person the money was stolen from not being sure of amount taken IRELAND at the time was in turmoil so the civil courts had broken down my grand father was in the auxiliary police not the army by then!
  all I have written can be seen on EWEN CAMERON BRUCE WILKIPEDIA
 I think I have been more than fair in pointing these things out to you I feel that someone not as strong as myself after such tragedy in their family may find your post  the last straw and perhaps do themselves in I have drawn attention to this in the sincere hope that you think of the living as well as the deceased especially when recent tragedy had struck as in my case
         regarding your last statement Why? would I demand good manners? or compassion? from you? when I have already stated! and it has been established!  That you have neither!
 I am sure this reply will not be posted just as my password was not excepted may be coincidence who knows? ? for you sir would you describe HENRY THE EIGTH as a murderer his unfortunate wives may think so but no he is described by his other positions in life my grandfather was much more than a very ?questionable felon charge as was his life! I wonder as to how history will remember you kindly I hope so! But then I suppose that would depend on who is writing it I am sure you have done incredible things in your life as others in your organisation
                              yours? no mine sincerely
                                  ANDREW BRUCE