Author Topic: Solved/ Please remove ... Entwhistle Turner  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Old-Bonez

• RootsChat Senior
  • TURNER Jasper Mug c.1780. Friend of Jos Wedgewood
    • View Profile
Solved/ Please remove ... Entwhistle Turner
« on: Saturday 17 March 12 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Entwhistle Turner is an unusual combination of middle & last name which in my tree was first used for "John Entwhistle Turner b.1804 Staffordshire - d. 1877 Yass NSW Australia. He was the grandson of the potter John Turner of Lane End. The name Entwhistle came from his mother Mary Hyde and her grandparents. 

I have Googled it and identified the family of one of his sons in New Zealand. There is also a birth record in a Kirkcudbright local paper that I feel is worth looking into to try to identify if it links in. 

07 September 1939
Harry Entwhistle Turner and Jean Wilson : At Dalry, Harry, B.Sc., son of Mr & Mrs G Turner, Bury, to Jean, daugher of Mr & Mrs Alexander Wilson, Dalry.

My family research has identified a brother to "John Entwhistle Turner" as George b. 1814 Brewood Staffordshire however I have never found anything more on him. Possibly he may be the link to Scotland and then again he may not.

Any assistance in finding who this Scottish family is & if there is a link would be gratefully appreciated.
Staffordshire: Turner, Emery, Hyde & Markland
Lancashire: Stirrup, Cloweth
London: Fountain,
Devon: Devonshire, Webb
Stirling: Wingate, 
Australia: Fountain, Turner, Solah, Paskins, Brookfield, Cowle, Trondsen

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.