Author Topic: Solved/ Please remove ... Entwhistle Turner  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Old-Bonez

• RootsChat Senior
  • TURNER Jasper Mug c.1780. Friend of Jos Wedgewood
    • View Profile
Solved/ Please remove ... Entwhistle Turner
« on: Saturday 17 March 12 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Entwhistle Turner is an unusual combination of middle & last name which in my tree was first used for "John Entwhistle Turner b.1804 Staffordshire - d. 1877 Yass NSW Australia. He was the grandson of the potter John Turner of Lane End. The name Entwhistle came from his mother Mary Hyde and her grandparents. 

I have Googled it and identified the family of one of his sons in New Zealand. There is also a birth record in a Kirkcudbright local paper that I feel is worth looking into to try to identify if it links in. 

07 September 1939
Harry Entwhistle Turner and Jean Wilson : At Dalry, Harry, B.Sc., son of Mr & Mrs G Turner, Bury, to Jean, daugher of Mr & Mrs Alexander Wilson, Dalry.

My family research has identified a brother to "John Entwhistle Turner" as George b. 1814 Brewood Staffordshire however I have never found anything more on him. Possibly he may be the link to Scotland and then again he may not.

Any assistance in finding who this Scottish family is & if there is a link would be gratefully appreciated.
Staffordshire: Turner, Emery, Hyde & Markland
Lancashire: Stirrup, Cloweth
London: Fountain,
Devon: Devonshire, Webb
Stirling: Wingate, 
Australia: Fountain, Turner, Solah, Paskins, Brookfield, Cowle, Trondsen