Author Topic: 1841 census for Quebec ?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline tristadubrule1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 census for Quebec ?
« on: Sunday 18 March 12 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Im looking for and information on Alosis and Adelaide Roy. Adelaide maiden name is Goulette.
I only have one child listed for them Philomene Roy born about 1845.
Im looking for dates for Alosis and Adelaide Roy and any other children they may have had.
I believe they were living some where in Quebec, Canada. if not then they were in France.
This line may have been the line that came over from france.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census for Quebec ?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 March 12 21:43 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find anything for an Aloysius/Alosis but the name may also be found as Roi ( The proper spelling of the name, King.)

I do see many ancestry trees with the parents Alexis Roy/Roi and Adelaide Goulet/Goulette.
The LDS site has submitted birth for Alexis 1816 St-Gervais, Bellechasse, Qc Parents Alexis Roy & Rose Vallière ( site below has his death as 13 January 1880 )

& submitted birth for Adelaide 19 Oct/1812 St-Gervais, Bellechasse, Qc
death 22 Aug. 1853 St-Gervais Parents listed as Joseph Goulet & Monique Lebrun
some children listed in Pedigree files...as well as Philomen's marriage to Damase Fortier 29 Jan 1866 Dorchester, Qc

Roi/Roy children listed for the couple-as well as some of their marriages.......Alexander Roy b.1838 -1840 /death Somerset, Maine, USA Philamine Philamene Roy c. 1848, Henriette , Marguerite, Guillaume, Napoleon, Angele, Marie-Célina, Cyrille

There is more here if you can prove this to be the family you seek...Submissions always need to be verified... http://www.nosorigines.qc.ca/GenealogieQuebec.aspx?genealogie=Adelaide_Goulet&pid=455784&lng=fr
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 March 12 00:04 GMT (UK) »
From the Drouin Collection (Parish Records) ... translated from the French.

Marriage ...

Alesis (Alexis?) Roy son of major age of Alesis (Alexis?) Roy Farmer and deceased Rose Valliere
to
Adelaide Goulet daur of major age of Joseph Goulet and Monique Lebrun
25 Jul 1836
at St Gervais, Co. Bellechasse
Both of this parish
In the presence of Alesis (Alexis?) Roy father of the groom, Michel Valliere uncle of the groom, Joseph Goulet father of the bride, Francois Goulet brother of the bride
All parties declared they were unable to sign the register.

Burial ...

Adelaide Goulet wife of Alesis (Alexis?) Roy Farmer
22 Aug 1853 age 40 (I can't make out the date of death but it I think it would have only been a day or two prior)
Parish as above.

Baptism ...

Adelaide Goulet
Baptized 20 Oct 1812, born the previous day of the lawful marrige of Joseph Goulet and Monique Lebrun.
Parish as above.

You might want to check if your local public library subscribes to Ancestry Library Edition ... this would give you access to the Drouin Collection and the original images of records related to this family.

Polarbear

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline tristadubrule1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 12 02:11 GMT (UK) »
Awesome! Ive been looking for information the passed year for this line.
thank you very much!  :)