Author Topic: BARNES Ernest Henry, Jenny, Charles Henry, Arthur Leslie  (Read 5888 times)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: BARNES Ernest Henry, Jenny, Charles Henry, Arthur Leslie
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 March 12 02:52 BST (UK) »
I have Ernest henry Barnes death certificate.  He died February 21, 1917 at 6:10 am.  The cause of death was abscess of the brain, contributory cause menegitis.  The place of death was Section 29-4-7-W1M.  He was 28 years old.  Born in Birmingham, England.  At place of death 3 years, in Province 18 years.  He is listed as a farmer and married.  His father is noted as Charles Henry Barnes, mother not known.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline emmguy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BARNES Ernest Henry, Jenny, Charles Henry, Arthur Leslie
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 31 March 12 10:38 BST (UK) »
WOW!

How do you do it?......get all the information and remember what you have already researched

It's such a sad story though.....he died at 30,1917 and his younger brother Frederick  died aged 24 in 1918. I wonder how that must have affected him when he was fighting in France knowing his brothers wife and young children were mourning their husband/ father.....I imagine that they would have been close having 'found' each other again in Canada and then undertaking a farming project together.

The grave stone says 30, the death certificate says age...28..... Any idea for the
discrepancy ?....or ' just one of those things'

Thank you    Emm

barnes  ..originated leicester  moved to birmingham in counties worcs  warwickshire  staffs aswell

early 1900 two brothers were 'emigrated' to Canada Frederick and Ernest Henry Barnes.....by Barnardos...have found them in 1916 census...frederick joined the canadian army and died during ww1

also looking for guy..prescott area mayber liverpool
mcgarels in prescot ...originated from ireland
others.. twist  moore hill cole adison vaughan leake eastman broadbent nicholls