Author Topic: SWAYNE/SWAINE in Co wexford  (Read 21502 times)

Offline Helen Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SWAYNE/SWAINE in Co wexford
« Reply #108 on: Saturday 16 June 18 10:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks Hallmark

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Saturday 16 June 18 10:50 BST (UK) »

Well in Sarah's  case, there does not seem to be any record of her death apart from Patrick remarrying in Abt 1905/6 and listed as Widower

Exactly, and not at all unusual not to have a death cert at the time.

Offline Helen Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Saturday 16 June 18 10:52 BST (UK) »

Well in Sarah's  case, there does not seem to be any record of her death apart from Patrick remarrying in Abt 1905/6 and listed as Widower

I guess but as my Great Grandmother would be nice to know when and why  ???

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Saturday 16 June 18 10:54 BST (UK) »

I guess but as my Great Grandmother would be nice to know when and why  ???

Sadly many of us know that feeling only too well.

Offline Helen Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Saturday 16 June 18 11:24 BST (UK) »
Deleted

Offline Helen Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Monday 18 June 18 01:11 BST (UK) »
The sadist think I've learned today, is that my Mum's Sister who we had lost contact with in the mid-1980's lived just a mile away from my mum, she died in 2011 aged 80

I lived just 2 streets away from my Aunty 2002-2008 and one of my girls still lives there

One of my sisters works at a local doctors a few  streets away, she could even have been a patient there.

I've blown away and so sad 

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Sunday 04 October 20 03:33 BST (UK) »
Hi:)
Back onto These Swaines/Swaynes again in Wexford   I think my Lot were Protestant/church Of Ireland   The Lot im interested In To Try and Fill in this Swayne/Clendinnen/Ellis Jigsaw is a Crawford Frances Middleton (Father Rev T Middleton) Married Rev John Swayne on June 1812 In Ireland  Im Surmising That Rev John Swaynes Wife Died Young then he Married a Annie(Cecilia) Clendinnen And Had children Elizabeth Luanda Swayne(She did not marry) And Annie Cecilia Swayne who married Charles Henry Wade in 1863 In Swansea.. Elizabeth Was on 1871 Census in Bideford Devon With Edmund Ellis And family Working as a Governess/teacher...This Family is a Nightmare to Research   But they connect to My Direct Clendinnen/Ellis Line thru Rev John Charles Clendinnen Born 1770 Downpatrick Co Down   Who Died in Bideford Devon in 1855.
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Sunday 04 October 20 03:43 BST (UK) »
Theres Apparently a Samuel Alexander Swaine(swayne) Born According to a Clendinnen researcher  On 28 Jan 1839 In Newtownbarry Wexford   Samuel and Alexander Both Names often used with the Clendinnen Family   but i cannot Locate him  Presumably the Son of Swayne/Clendinnen Marriage..
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton

Offline Drl1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Saturday 06 March 21 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi:)
Back onto These Swaines/Swaynes again in Wexford   I think my Lot were Protestant/church Of Ireland   The Lot im interested In To Try and Fill in this Swayne/Clendinnen/Ellis Jigsaw is a Crawford Frances Middleton (Father Rev T Middleton) Married Rev John Swayne on June 1812 In Ireland  Im Surmising That Rev John Swaynes Wife Died Young then he Married a Annie(Cecilia) Clendinnen And Had children Elizabeth Luanda Swayne(She did not marry) And Annie Cecilia Swayne who married Charles Henry Wade in 1863 In Swansea.. Elizabeth Was on 1871 Census in Bideford Devon With Edmund Ellis And family Working as a Governess/teacher...This Family is a Nightmare to Research   But they connect to My Direct Clendinnen/Ellis Line thru Rev John Charles Clendinnen Born 1770 Downpatrick Co Down   Who Died in Bideford Devon in 1855.

Hi Cathy, we have spoken before.  Sorry for the delay in responding, I don't visit this board often. 

The Rev. John Swayne who married Frances Crawford is NOT the same John Swayne you are talking about here.

Rev. John Swayne and Frances Crawford had a number of children, the last one born in 1821.  Rev. John Swayne died in Tipperary in 1866 and Frances Crawford died in 1863 in Tipperary.  I have records for all of this.

As for your branch, John Clendinnen was the second husband of Mary Charlotte Crane.  Her first husband was Middleton Robson who died during the 1798 uprising (he died on Wexford Bridge).  Middleton Robson and Mary Charlotte Crane had a daughter named Mary Cecilia Robson.  She married John Swayne in Newtonbarry in 1818.  It was their daughter, Anna Cecilia Swayne, who married Charles Henry Baseley/Wade.