Author Topic: help request still searching  (Read 5810 times)

Offline carolmichelle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help request
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 12 April 12 09:33 BST (UK) »
thank you.   how exciting he could write (these little things that please us). I do have a marriage ref for a Gabriel Hall and Hannah Hunter of West Todholes (Todhills later)in Dec 1765.  Children Matthew 1768, Joseph 1769 Jane 1774, Margary 1779 and Hannah 1784 although she  wasnt christened untill 1788. However also found a buriel for a Joseph to Gabriel and Hannah in March 1766 different Joseph from above but cant find his birth the same as Allens birth evades me.   If I go to Woodhorn would I be able to get a photo copy of Allens and Janes marriage? Thanks very much for your help I realy appreciate it  this news has made my day.  Lots of love Carol
Halls Chambers Hutchinson Northumberland

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 12 April 12 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

The answer to the photocopy question is - yes.  First you find it on the microfilm then you have a choice.  You can either take it to the microfilm reader which has a photocopy facility (they only have one) and print it off yourself - cost, I think, is 50p and staff are on hand to show you how.  The alternative is to pay, I think, £4.99 for a copy which they do from the original register and that takes a few days.

Back to the Halls - I saw that baptism for Matthew as I was having another look for the elusive Allen.  He could be a brother or possibly a cousin but the fact that they both wrote so well would indicate the same family I think.

I also found a page of baptisms dedicated to the Hall family - totally out of sequence with anything else.  From 1725 to 1731 there were 4 baptisms to William and Isabel Hall of Rattenrow.  In 1727 there was one child to John and Ann Hall of Middle Riding and in 1742 a child to Thomas and Ann of Dunshouses.  Only one exception - a couple surname Brown but I wondered whether the mother’s maiden name had been Hall as this page was so clearly different from the norm.  I know that these may not be connected to you in any way but this particular group of Halls appear to have been important for some reason so I mention them for future reference.

Christine

Offline carolmichelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 21:18 BST (UK) »
none of those Hall bp appear in my elsdon parish transcripts book.  bought the book thinking it would help, just making life realy difficult and the book now looks like ive had it years instead of weeks.  Never mind the search goes on. Thanks Carol
Halls Chambers Hutchinson Northumberland

Offline roobag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: help request still searching
« Reply #30 on: Friday 23 October 20 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, Allen Hall and Jane Boiston were my g g g g grandparents.  My grandmother was Melita Maud Hall born 1899 daughter of Allen Hall and Catherine Euphemia Hopper.