Author Topic: Rebecca and Esther Davi(e)s  (Read 2812 times)

Offline 0121mariec

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rebecca and Esther Davi(e)s
« on: Friday 23 March 12 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I wonder if anyone could help find who Rebecca and Esther Davis's father was. I have Rebecca's marriage to John Statham Dec Q 1898 West Bromwich.  She was born in Wolverhampton.  She is my great great aunt.   Her sister, Esther, married John William Baker but only had ____ Davis, occupation unknown on her marriage cert.  I thought if I could find out what was on Rebecca's marriage cert it would help with Esther.  I have seen postings regarding father's names and occupations on here and would be grateful for any help
Regards Marie

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rebecca and Esther Davi(e)s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 March 12 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Esther and Rebecca are on 1881 census with mother Mary Ann 36 widow b Wolverhampton
1871 before Rebecca was born has John Davis 40 coal miner b Bilston Staffs
Mary A 24 wife b Bilston
James 7 son b Wolverhampton
John 5 son b ditto
Isaiah 3 son b ditto
Esther 1 dau b ditto
Dudley Road Wolverhampton

Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 0121mariec

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 March 12 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the census.  I have had a look at the previous censuses for that family but just would like to "prove" who their father was and that I have the right family. (belt and braces moment as there are so many Davies!)  I am used to unusual names and finding it quite hard.
Would you presume this is the right family?
Marie

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 March 12 09:50 GMT (UK) »
without buying birth certificates you would assume John is the father.
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk