Author Topic: moore cheshire  (Read 3571 times)

Offline monkhouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
moore cheshire
« on: Saturday 24 March 12 02:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi anyone out that has knowledge of Moore Village my G G G Grandfather is on the 1851 census as being born at Moor it did not have an  e  on the end but states in Cheshire.   His name is Joseph Hindley  married to Sarah  nee Lawson ,  his birth is 1773  Sarah 1771 at Newton  i would like to find who his parents were and place of birth.  Google says Moore population only around 600  very curious on all of this.    thanks  Martin.   ps  they were married 1797 at St Oswalds Winwick lancs.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: moore cheshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 March 12 05:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The link below has information about Moore

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/chs/moore.html

Cheshire Parish Registers have been transcribed on Familyseach and images are on Findmypast. A quick check of Familysearch has the following

Joseph Hindley baptised Daresbury 11th April 1773 Father John Hindley, mother Margaret.

It might be worth looking at the image on Findmypast to see if there is any additional information.

Andy

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 March 12 06:01 GMT (UK) »
 baptised 11 April - Joseph son of John and Margaret Hindley of Moor - father a weaver.  Spelling without the 'e'  -  Church records

It is listed under Cheshire records.

Wiggy 
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline monkhouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 March 12 05:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your time wigghobbes and andycard  but Joseph Hindley was Married to  Sarah and not  Margaret as you found. On the 1851 Census she is 80 yrs old  Joseph is 78 yrs old living with their son William at Woodhead Farm Winwick Lancs, so still looking for the parents  John and Mary  problem so many Hindleys with the Christian names from Bible times, anymore help i am grateful for   cheers Martin.

Offline monkhouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 March 12 05:35 BST (UK) »
 sorry i have got confused  i have got Joseph born Moor Cheshire 1773 christened 20th Dec at St Chad  at Over Cheshire    died 19th Jan 1860 Winwick   residence Hulme  so will this help find his parents John and Mary   many  thanks  sorry for confusion   Martin,

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 March 12 07:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin

Thanks for your time wigghobbes and andycard but Joseph Hindley was Married to Sarah and not Margaret as you found. On the 1851 Census she is 80 yrs old Joseph is 78 yrs old living with their son William at Woodhead Farm Winwick Lancs, so still looking for the parents John and Mary problem so many Hindleys with the Christian names from Bible times, anymore help i am grateful for cheers Martin.

WiggyHobbes and I are referring to Joseph Hindley baptised Daresbury (which is the Chapelry that covers Moor) 11th April 1773 whose Father is John Hindley, and MOTHER is Margaret . Also according to the Parish Registers the family are from Moor.

The Joseph Hindley baptised in Over, father John, mother Mary, is a different person. Have you checked the Parish Register to see what their address is?

Andy

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 March 12 07:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Andy!    :D

Thought I was getting confused - now I really am confused!!!    But we did have it right using details from initial post!    ;)

Wiggy  :)
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline AmyM12

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 23 July 20 09:24 BST (UK) »
Hi anyone out that has knowledge of Moore Village my G G G Grandfather is on the 1851 census as being born at Moor it did not have an  e  on the end but states in Cheshire.   His name is Joseph Hindley  married to Sarah  nee Lawson ,  his birth is 1773  Sarah 1771 at Newton  i would like to find who his parents were and place of birth.  Google says Moore population only around 600  very curious on all of this.    thanks  Martin.   ps  they were married 1797 at St Oswalds Winwick lancs.

Hi, Joseph & Sarah are my 4x great grandparents so this is interesting to me too. I am planning to head over to Winwick soon (it's not too far from me), to look for there's and some other family members gravestones, so can share the photos if you're interested

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 23 July 20 12:12 BST (UK) »
I have been through Moore several times ...a little village close to Daresbury - a mile away
AARouteplanner states 1.5 miles away...but I would say less .
both are classed as Warrington but are closer to the edge of Runcorn  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford