Author Topic: Joseph Crouch 1797  (Read 988 times)

Offline halsaps

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Joseph Crouch 1797
« on: Tuesday 17 May 05 06:48 BST (UK) »
Joseph Crouch 1797 can anybody tell me when he was born he was from Ninfield sussex and married a Jane Parker of the same parish . Well I've finaly made it passed the 1800's.  Any tips on looking further and where to look gratefully received.
Regards Lee
Cherry Crouch Sapsford

Offline shazzi_b

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Crouch 1797
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 07:25 BST (UK) »
lee

a joseph crouch was christened 22/07/1798 - dont have his birth date though!  Parents jane parker and joseph crouch.
Then another Joseph was christened 30/05/1773 - again no birth date - parents Richard Crouch and Susanna randall.  they had another child Richard christened 18/05/1766
all births in Ninfield, Sussex

Jane parker and Joseph crouch married 17/04/1797 in Ninfield

hope this helps

Sharon
Northumberland - Addison, Bowles, Kirkup, Lowes, Mason, Patterson, Richley, Venus, Wardle, Williams
Durham - Pears, Robertson, Richley, richelieu, Summerell
Norfolk and Essex - Bowles, Ninham, Wiseman
Glos - Summerell, Williams

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 07:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Lee,
Sharon has given you some good information to start from, I presume it's from the IGI on familysearch, which I'm sure you're familiar with!
Parish records for Ninfield should be your next port of call.  On the surface it would seem that your branch of the Crouch family was in & around Ninfield mid to late 1700s & maybe, Richard was the father of your Joseph.
I have 10 marriage's in the name of Crouch in Ninfield from 1626-1835 which includes this one for Richard & Susanna,

Ninfield, East Sussex,  Date: 17 Mar 1766:
 Richard CROUCH, miller
 Susanna RANDALL, sp botp (B)

Note that Richard was a miller, I'm going to scout around & see if I can find anything about him, as I have resources concerning mills & millers.  Don't forget to see if you can find a will for any of the Crouch family, they are a great source of information!

Jane

PS.  had a look for a Richard Crouch, miller in my resources, but no luck.  All I could find was that there were two mills in Ninfield, both known by the name of ASHBURNHAM MILL.  You might like to view this site of the Mills Archive   http://www.millarchive.com/2catalogue/catalogue.aspx

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline halsaps

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 20:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for both your helps I have just registered with the mills archives
regards Lee
Cherry Crouch Sapsford