Author Topic: Mge of Catherine Rees & Hugh Jones1830  (Read 3414 times)

Offline avrilw

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mge of Catherine Rees & Hugh Jones1830
« on: Tuesday 27 March 12 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for info on Hugh Jones & Catherine Rees who married in Llanidloes on 24 Oct 1830. Hugh is said to be from Morfaduon but I can't find where it is. Can anyone local help please? I got the marriage info from Find My Past so it may be a transcription error?

Hugh and Catherine went to live in Kiddermnster

thanks, Avril

Offline alltcafan

• RootsChat Member
  • sun setting in Powys
    • View Profile
Re: Mge of Catherine Rees & Hugh Jones1830
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 March 13 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Dear Avril,

I'm not sure whether you are still looking for this information.

Catherine Rees and Hugh Jones married on 28th Oct 1830 (not 24th) as per your message (the last of the banns were read on the 24th Oct).  They married at Trefeglwys Church not Llanidloes (even though Llanidloes is only about 4 and half miles to Trefeglwys).  The Banns were read at Llanidloes as that was the Groom's parish at time of marriage.   

Morfaduon or Morfodion as it is on the 1841 & 51 Census is in Llanidloes, and was at that time lived in by William Parry a Landsurveyor / Land agent and farmer of 240 acres, and it shows them having about 8 servants in 1841 and had 10 or so servants in 1851.  (Probably Hugh was possibly a servant living at this address when he got married).

Hope this helps a little,
Regards, Alltcafan  :) 

EVANS/ JONES / JAMES / REES - Llangeler, Penboyr, Llanfihangel ar Arth, Burry Port & South Wales
STEPHENS - Llangeler, Penboyr & Neath
DAVIES / REES / JONES - Kilrhedyn, Newcastle Emlyn