Author Topic: Monaghan from County Cavan  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Monaghan from County Cavan
« on: Tuesday 27 March 12 22:51 BST (UK) »
I am hoping to trace the family of Catherine Monaghan and her brother Philip who came to Australia (Port Phillip) on "Alexander" arriving 24 Dec 1841.
She married a Henry Davis within a few years as their first child was born 1845 in Victoria..I am unable to find a Victorian marriage in the indexes available to me.
I am hoping that I might be able to trace their parents.
Help greatly appreciated.
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline swmbo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Monaghan from County Cavan
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 November 12 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am trying to find details of a Thomas Matthew (George) Deering and a Bridget or Julia Lee born around 1800 who had a daughter Mary or Margaret than married a Francis Monaghan.  The Deerings were from County Cavan but I have Francis Monaghan from Monaghan Ireland which may be incorrect.  I wonder if he may be related to your Monaghan's.  Frances and Margaret were born around 1832 and immigrated to Victoria, Australia around 1856/57.  Any help would be appreciated.   Kaye

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 November 12 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Kaye
I can't see any connection to my Monaghans at this point,but will investigate further.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline swmbo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 November 12 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rex

Many thanks for responding.  Apparently there is a parish/township Monaghan in Country Cavan which I came across after sending me message.  I'm off to the geanological society tomorrow so hopefully may find something.  Kaye

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 November 12 12:38 GMT (UK) »
http://www.reocities.com/vic1847/m/m22.html

Cat Monaghan House Servant and Philips Monaghan cameas Bounty Immigrants in 1841 it say County Canarv
most of got it wrong, should be cavan
could be a townland call canarv