Author Topic: Lt Oscar A. Heron RFC from Armagh  (Read 7100 times)

Offline dcheron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lt Oscar A. Heron RFC from Armagh
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 June 12 11:42 BST (UK) »
Joe - I can check next time I am home. I am not sure about Oscar but would definitely have some of my grandad Charles. I will ask my aunt and uncle as well. Charles moved to Balbriggan in Dublin from Armagh.

Offline armagh20

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 June 12 16:17 BST (UK) »
Joe,
     You may already have this but this site will list all those Presbyterians who served in the Great War. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~econnolly/rohpci/index.html

Regards

kingskerswel
I have that link,also all the other churches/chapel from the two local papers and some info from the Belfast papers,a big job,thats why I ask for help, but very interesting.
many thanks
Joe

Offline Mikser333

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 July 13 17:12 BST (UK) »
dcheron,
I know this is late in the day but happened upon your post on an internet trawl. Did you say you were related to Oscar Heron? My great grandfather was Samuel Heron, the older brother of Charles, Oscar's father. Sam had another brother Michael and John I think. They were originally from Gorestown Co Tyrone. The homestead is still in the hands of my relatives but the house is in poor shape and unoccupied. Sam's and Charles's (Banbrook teacher) father, my great great grandfather was also Michael Heron. I'm especially interested in Charlie's family in balbriggan. Any information you might have would be appreciated.

Offline dcheron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 July 13 15:51 BST (UK) »
Oscar (Ossie) was my dad's godfather. Charles his brother lived in Balbriggan and passed in 1977. His wife Breda has also passed. Charles was a super in the Gardaí. My dad Niall, also a guard had a brother Charles Jr and 2 sisters who all grew up in Balbriggan. All have moved on except one who is a nun in the Loreto convent near there. Charles Jr now lives in Limerick. My dad and sister Mary have passed on.