Author Topic: Pennsylvania tombstone photos  (Read 10387 times)

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
Pennsylvania tombstone photos
« on: Monday 02 April 12 15:19 BST (UK) »
I have been photographing tombstones in South Western Pennsylvania and have found a number of scottish names if you would like or are connected to any of these please let me know DRYLIE    BEVERIDGE    BURT   HYND   BRAND/T    DOUGLAS/S   HAMILTON SOME OF THE STONES SAY BORN IN SCOTLAND if you have family that immigrated to allegheny, washington. Wesmoreland, fayette counties in south western Pennsylvania please let me know the above list of names is not complete as I have photographed more than 50 cemeteries and have photos of about 100,000 tombstones.     Beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline weemanswife

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pennsylvania tombstone photos
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have just come accross your post.  I was lucky enough to get a couple of photos of two of my relatives graves in the Hiland Cemetery.  Now I am trying to trace the grave of Frederick Brand b 1886 in Barry, Carnoustie, Angus. He went of America in 1904 as a Golf Professional.  On his Reg. Card he is at the Allegheny Country Club.  He is married to a Louise, who was  born in Sweden and has two sons Fred jnr., John (Jack) and a daughter Agnes born in Sewickley, PA.

I see you have Brand in your list and thought I would take a chance.

weemanswife

Anderson, Arrnott, Alexander,Brand,McKay,Rattray,Maguire,Green,Wallace,McLaggan,Guild,Ferguson,Donaldson

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 15:36 BST (UK) »
I don't have him in mine but I am not the only person doing this. Can you access findagrave from where you are to see if he has been entered yet? Do you know where he was living at the time of his death? If you know the year he died I can search our death indices which would tell me where he died and then we can check the closest cemeteries   As much information as you can give me will make the search easier.   It's not impossible so don't give up.   Beans

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi I have found your Brand Family

Frederick Brand Sr. born in Angus Scotland Dec. 31 1885 died in Sewickley Heights Allegheny County Pennsylvania May 13 1943
Louise Berg Brand Born 1881 ??? died April 7 1962 Sewickley Heights Allegheny County Pennsylvania
both Are buried in Sewickley Cemetery Allegheny County Pennsylvania Section D Lot 11 B grave 1&2 all info for them obtained from cemetery office

Frederick Brand Jr. born in Sewickley Heights Allegheny County Pennsylvania Jan 14 1910 died Mar 14 1998 Verona Allegheny County Pennsylvania

Agnes Louise Brand Born July 23 1916 Sewickley Heights Allegheny County her brother Johns Obituary says he was preceded in death by sister Agnes but I havent found her date of death yet. ssshe married Arthur McCrea Dec 27 1943 he was born April 4 1915 Sewickley Heights died Fairfield Bay Van Buren Arkansas Oct 23 1993

John William Brand born Aoril 9 1919 Sewickley Heights died Jan 27 2007 St. Petersburg Pinellas County Florida he married Nov 8 1944 while on army furlough to Betty Lane Brown born July 23 1923 marriage license says in Confluence Pennsylvania died April 13 1999 West Palm Beach Florida.

I will send you a pm with my email address I have marriage certs for agnes brand and for john william brand if you want them        Beans

Offline weemanswife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Beans,

Thank you very much for your help.  I had come up against a brick wall concerning this branch of the family.  I knew Fred snr died in 1943 as he erected a Stone on the grave of his Mother, Agnes and it is engraved on it.
According to articles I have read on the internet his two sons ran a Golf Tournment in his name a Oakmount.

Thank you again.
Weemanswife
Anderson, Arrnott, Alexander,Brand,McKay,Rattray,Maguire,Green,Wallace,McLaggan,Guild,Ferguson,Donaldson

Offline weemanswife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Beans

Thank you for the copies of certificates. 

Weemanswife

Offline smcauley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 February 13 01:33 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking any information on McAuley family history they resided in or around fayette county PA up until 1840  any hints may be helpful
 thanks

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 February 13 01:50 GMT (UK) »
Is there a McCauley in particular you are looking for. First names and dates would be helpful   Beans

Offline smcauley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 February 13 05:12 GMT (UK) »
I understand this is a longshot
My GGGGrandfather  lived in the area, his name was Creighton and his family moved to Ohio some time around 1845
I am hoping  his parents may be buried in the area, and I suspect that his fathers name was John or James