Author Topic: PENERY Plymouth  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Penery

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PENERY Plymouth
« on: Monday 02 April 12 17:09 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching the Penery surname that appears to originate in Plymouth, Devon.

Warren Penery
South Africa
Penery

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Penery
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 April 12 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Warren

I am posting the links to your other posts for info and to avoid duplication.  I notice you already have this on the Surname Interests Board

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,589889.0.html

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,589610.0.html

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,589772.0.html

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Penery-Pals

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PENERY Plymouth
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 June 12 14:31 BST (UK) »
Blimey we are related........................my gt grandfather Toxophilite Cooke, his mother was Mary Jane Penery,  William's younger sister their father was Charles Penery 1800, so looking fwd to hearing from you viv in Essex UK

Offline BarryGeol

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 July 13 23:24 BST (UK) »

Hello. I am a distant relative of Frances Giraud, who married Charles John Cooke.  I was interested in the name Toxophilite Cooke, and looked it up, possibly |Latin for Archer?.  I have some information on the family of William Butterfield Cooke, who seems to  have been married twice
, and I'm wondering if Mary Jane wss married twice, as two of the children have the additional name of "Douglas".  In one Census rept. Alice Maud Douglas is listed as a step daughter.
Cheers from North Vancouver.  Barry Price

Blimey we are related........................my gt grandfather Toxophilite Cooke, his mother was Mary Jane Penery,  William's younger sister their father was Charles Penery 1800, so looking fwd to hearing from you viv in Essex UK

Offline Penery-Pals

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 July 13 18:54 BST (UK) »

Hello. I am a distant relative of Frances Giraud, who married Charles John Cooke.  I was interested in the name Toxophilite Cooke, and looked it up, possibly |Latin for Archer?.  I have some information on the family of William Butterfield Cooke, who seems to  have been married twice
, and I'm wondering if Mary Jane wss married twice, as two of the children have the additional name of "Douglas".  In one Census rept. Alice Maud Douglas is listed as a step daughter.
Cheers from North Vancouver.  Barry Price

Offline cabryist

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 October 15 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hi - my uncle, Walter Packwood, married Dorice Mary Lavallin Cooke in 1921. She was the youngest daughter of Toxopholite Cooke.  She was subsequently unfaithful and they divorced.  She died in 1949 still described as 'wife of Walter Packwood'.

Offline Penery-Pals

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 October 15 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi would love to chat as Doris was my Grandmother's younger sister, my email is viv_chaffe@hotmail.com
hope to hear from you soon :o)