Author Topic: MARGARET FITZGERALD  (Read 3533 times)

Offline richard27

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MARGARET FITZGERALD
« on: Monday 02 April 12 19:33 BST (UK) »
Margaret Lawlor nee Fitzgerald states in the 1901 census that she was born in Co Roscomman and was aged 52. By 1865 she had married Thomas Lawlor/Lalor and, they had a son William born 6 July that year. Thomas was a railway porter and they lived at Bradley's row in Templemore Co.Tipperary. Would like info on where and when she was born and married and, anything on both of their parents. If at all possible. I know there was a Margaret Fitzgerald born 18/03/1849, but I can't connect to her.

Regards  R.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MARGARET FITZGERALD
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 13:40 BST (UK) »
I notice that you have a number of posts in different counties about this family

From these I can state that Margaret LAWLOR lived at 110.2 in Henry Street (Dock Ward, Antrim) on the 1901 census
In note it states she was born in Roscommon (without the word county/co.) which is present beside her daughter's for Co. Cork; this could mean she was born in the town of Roscommon and help narrow the search
She gives her age as 52 which is presumably poetic licence as she must have been more that 6 when her son was born in 1865 in Co. Tipperary. Her daughters are also shown as younger than their records imply.
There is also the possibility that she was a second wife.

The grandson stated has a civil birth record in Belfast in 1892 and there is also a civil record of a marriage for a William LAWLOR in 1891 presumably his father.

I have looked for a marriage in several locations but with no success; William's civil birth record is shown in Thurles in 1865 referenced Vol 13 Page 669; if you don't already have a copy of this it may be able to add information through the informant if a relative.
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline richard27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MARGARET FITZGERALD
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi myluck!, never thought Thomas may have married a 2nd time, perhaps indeed. Margaret it seems did, sometime after 1901. By 1911 she's a widow again named Heyburn aged 75.1911 census.ie. You're right about William married in 1891. His father Thomas it seems is dead, Margaret is in the Belfast Street Directory 1892. I was hoping to bridge the gap 1870 - 1891. Where did Thomas die ? what happened Anne ? Any ideas
                 Thanks a lot