Author Topic: Gosforth PR - look up request  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gosforth PR - look up request
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 10:27 BST (UK) »
Apologies Janis, I did see your earlier post with the useful info from your transcript.

Though I'll probably still add it to the order for a copy from the PR.
Then I can show those interested parties who don't research what I mean when I say the further you go back the more difficult it is to ascertain parents/ ages/ abodes of a bride and groom.
I swear they think I make it up that often you get two names and date they married and that's yer lot! :-)

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi

In the Joiner marriage index there is a marriage of John Jobling + Anne Peele in Gosforth 9/9/1809 however in BTs for Gosforth this page is not there. I don't know whether this marriage is one of mine and wonder if someone could check the Gosforth PR to see if there is more detail.

- the son of John Jobling + Ann was baptised in High Heaton but no surname shown for Ann.
- census have John comimg from Stamfordham + Ann from Heddon.
- John's parents are John Jobling + Ann Morrow

I've just had a look in Heddon on the Wall BTs
Bearing in mind the record for their son, John baptised 1810 says Ann was the daughter of Joseph Peel (though it also says she is a native of Kenton!) this baptism on 13 Jul 1788 in Heddon BTs has gone into my 'possibles' folder :-)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DZW9-M63?

Boo

Offline judith54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 July 21 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo
Thank you & Janis for your replies - had a lovely day out yesterday with a friend, managed to stay dry!!

Thank you for info re Ann Jobling & Mum Mary Wilkinson.  I too have copy of marriage in 1809, as you say hope more info from Woodhorn; hopefully one day I'll visit there again.

Re John Jobling/Anne Morrow - they were married 16/12/1787 @Stamfordham. Seen in BT for Stamfordham with more detail at Ncle Central Library PR for Stamfordham i.e. Banns & witnesses John Dixon, Isabel Beatty Ann Bains & Robert Jobling.

As you say too many people take everything at face value if it 'fits' - doesn't always work! This is where either a new eye or revisiting can help - never be afraid to question your own info!!

Back to Olympics - I'm a good spectator!
Judith.

Burrell                         Mitchell            
Armstrong                    Adamson
Holmes                        Anderson
Fleming                        Rudd                  Boustead                      Picken
Huddleston                   Gathin Peele                            Foxall
Whinfield                      Lumley
Lindsley                       Shakelock