Author Topic: missing aunt D J P  (Read 2055 times)

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
missing aunt D J P
« on: Tuesday 03 April 12 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
How or where do i start to look for my aunt D J P who went to OZ from London approx 1988.(aged 59 approx)
She would probably be dad by now but wondered about where she lived or ???last of the Aunts i cant find
Husband was przyryinci but they used the name Preston.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: missing aunt
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 22:39 BST (UK) »
hi

have a look at the ryerson index   www.ryersonindex.org/

there is one D that could be her, do you know her husbands given names

Also found this , from age might not be your D

P,D J

Cemetery  PENOLA  Denomination  PRESBYTERIAN  Section

PENOLA LAWN CEMETERY

Plot/Grave/Niche  D34  Last Residence MOULTONS RD MAAOUPE SA

Date of Death 23.10.2004  Age at Death  69

Date of Burial 27.10.2004

on this site
http://www.familyhistorysa.info/births-marriages-deaths/cemeteries/searchcouncilcemeteries.html

Cass

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 22:51 BST (UK) »
jeez i was only browsing not expecting an answer.The dates could be about right if she lived that long .All  i remember was she went to oz after my mother died.I have the husbands given  name somewhere will look it up how will that help ??
She was born in 1928 so if that is her it could fit in .76

Online majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 April 12 01:18 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

I think RChat is the bestest website for helping us find our ancestors records.

May I please ask:  Do you know that your Aunt, born in 1928 is no longer living?   I have quite a number of elderly rellies who were born in the 1910s, and they are very much alert and alive and very keen on their privacy being respected.  Perhaps your Aunt is still alive. 

Here's a link to a very special thread that may help further (there's only three posts on it, and it is locked, so no more posts can be added to it):

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,368728.0.html   The reply #2 addresses RChat's policy on Living Persons.

If you know your Aunt is no longer living, do you know which State in Australia she migrated to?

Cheers,  JM   
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Send me a PM to seek my express permission to use any information I post. Wait for my reply, do not take for granted you have any authority to copy paste my words.
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace Jardine - Morrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 April 12 03:36 BST (UK) »
The husbands given name can often be useful in finding the correct burial place, when they are buried together.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 April 12 15:27 BST (UK) »
jeez a bit pedantic/school marm ????i
Found out hubby called alex ;trouble is not known where they went too. I hope she is still alive but it seems easier to find dead people than live people

Online majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 05 April 12 02:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

That thread I linked for you should help explain that Rootschat is not about searching for living persons, but for helping to find our ancestors.  That thread gives some tips for where to search for living persons eg electoral rolls.  As far as I am aware, the online Electoral Rolls for most of the states end at around 1980.   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Send me a PM to seek my express permission to use any information I post. Wait for my reply, do not take for granted you have any authority to copy paste my words.
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 05 April 12 03:59 BST (UK) »
Only one on Ryerson:

D J P Death notice 22-10-2004 Death at Mount Gambier Hospital, late of Coonawarra Penola Pennant 27-10-2004   

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 05 April 12 04:14 BST (UK) »
This D is buried at Penola New Cemetery.

Jamjar