Author Topic: Marriage look up  (Read 1409 times)

Offline grumyourmaud

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage look up
« on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi I am trying to locate a marriage between Martin Haley(Healey) and Ellen Cooke living in Borriscoleigh in Tipperary. I found the family in the 1881 census in the UK, I have traced the children born in Ireland to Tipperary but now i'm trying to find the marriage between their parents Martin and Ellen. They would be my Great great grandparents.
The name through the years has been spelt with different variations but believe it was originally Haley but Martins son Martin Thomas his name was Healey(great Grandfather) and his daughther Ethel was named Healey(my Grandmother) and would dearly love to be able to trace Martin and Ellen in Tipperary. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Offline grumyourmaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:39 BST (UK) »
Sorry should have given you some dates, Their first child in the census was Mary healey born 1865 and Michael born 1866 john healey born 1871 could have been children in between. :) ;)

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 April 12 21:53 BST (UK) »
There are some  birth/baptisms for other children of Martin and Ellen on Familysearch
Hanna 19 Jan 1868 Borrisoleigh
Catherine 27 Nov 1869 and Joseph 6 Feb 1873

http://tinyurl.com/c7stmbd

It also gives Mary's birth/baptism as 1864 not 1865 so if the family were RC the parents' marriage would not be in the civil registration records. The Rc parish records for Borrisoleigh are not online at rootsireland. they can be seen in the National Library on microfilm or research can be commissioned from www. tfhr.org for a fee.

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline grumyourmaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 April 12 09:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ann Clare will contact with the link you gave me much appreciated. :) :)