Author Topic: Walter Robert Leigh or Packman - Brecon  (Read 22079 times)

Offline Pedro Dow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Robert Leigh or Packman - Brecon
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 21:01 BST (UK) »
  Thanks,   hope you get the E Mail OK.  I,ll need to go back to Glamorgan Archives  sometime soon to research some more  Pedro.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
Nothing yet! If you've sent an email you may need to check my name - lots of people miss out the first 'r' 😀

I love the archives. What do you hope to find there?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi  Deidre 784. I Can't find all your previous posts re the Leighs.

Hi Pedro, if you use the 'search' facility at the top of the page, simply enter Walter Robert Leigh in the search box and my user name Deirdre784 in the 'by user' box. This should bring up a handful of posts over the years, all relating to the original Walter Robert Leigh born 1845, including my search for the newspaper photo, his childhood in Kent with Martha Benge, and his missing army career.

Hope you find these interesting; he's been a fascinating person to track down!

Thanks for the email. We must keep in touch.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....