Author Topic: Link: Online Searchable Databases  (Read 1611 times)

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Link: Online Searchable Databases
« on: Tuesday 17 May 05 18:32 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Thought I would take this opportunity to feature this Link to the Canadian Genealogy Centre’s online databases.  These databases cover various aspects of the population of Canada and hosts other databases created by their partners. Each database includes a comprehensive online help page, which contains helpful information about the records, the database and how to consult the actual records.

The Canadian Genealogy Centre provides a wealth of information for researching in Canada.  It is a great resource and one that we should support.

Happy trails!
~meg
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Online Searchable Databases
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 July 05 03:12 BST (UK) »
Don't know if its just my computer, but I can't seem to get into the Canadian Genealogy Centre's site, either through this link or by typing in the address, or from searches.  Has the web address changed?

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Online Searchable Databases
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 July 05 21:39 BST (UK) »
Corinne,
The address remains the same.  I've just double-checked the link on this thread, as well as the one given on the main Board. 

It's one of those computer gremlins at work, I suspect, and all will be well when you try again.  If not, come back and we'll try Step 2.

~meg
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"