Author Topic: Gypsy Tragedy-perhaps missing ancestors  (Read 12633 times)

Offline pennysteve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Tragedy-perhaps missing ancestors
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 June 14 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hello
Sarah Taylor the name above was it the Romany who married Thomas Smith? North Marsden?

Offline seventyplus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 June 14 16:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks horsesmad.  James Fisher is possible, who knows? But Hannah b1865 wouldn't be.Did you mean 1765? Again, could be.
andpennysteve.  My Sarah Fisher was married to Jeremiah Taylor; the one who was murdered.  When not hop picking they roamed around Herts and Bucks.

Thanks again

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 June 14 17:26 BST (UK) »
hi
sarah taylor was sarah fisher, she married jeremiah taylor. sorry for hannah i meant 1865 :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 June 14 17:27 BST (UK) »
woops hannah 1765 :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline Kedi01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 15:17 BST (UK) »
Hello. It's my first day on Roots Chat and I'm trying to figure out how to post a query. I'm also a descendent of Sarah and Jeremiah, they were my 5x great grandparents, so hello cousins. I've visited the (new) bridge a few years ago, such a moving moment. I etched my initials on a stump of wood there.
Sarah Fisher had brothers Thomas and William, probably many more. I believe this Fisher family is somehow related to the Fishers of Adstock Buck and Aldenham Herts, although I'm still working on it to make the connection. The other Fisher family contains Stephen Fisher b1734 who married twice, Ann Harrup and Mary. Names include Elizabeth, Martha, Isaac, Moses, Aaron, William, Ann and Mary were his children, all born in or around Herts and Bucks, they were known Travellers. Sarah and Jeremiah had a son named Stephen, b1828 but this name doesn't seem to continue in the family after this. There was a Stephen Fisher (I think related to the Adstock/Aldenham family, living in Bushey (Clay Hill) and having been "removed" to Bushey around the 1840s. Sarah and Jeremiah married in Bovingdon Herts, very close to Aldenham and Bushey.

Jeremiah Taylor b1785 and died on Wimbledon Common after a fight in 1831 is, according to one persons research, the son of Nathaniel Taylor and Ann Loveridge, who married 20/10/1760 in Bucks. I believe that this could be a possible link to his family, but they had been married nearly 30 years by the time Jeremiah was born. Nathaniel was a corkcutter from Medmenham and Ann was from Whitchurch Dorset.
On an early Bushey census, was Nathaniel and Joannah Taylor, ne Cordwell who married in Bushey in 1810. I believe this could be Jeremiahs brother. I can find no evidence of his birth/baptism as yet.
Can anyone shed any light on any of these lines? Any help very welcome!

Offline marymealy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello   
the family of fishers you are on about are my fishers   trying to find sarahs parents  have you come across them

Offline seventyplus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 09:48 GMT (UK) »
If the Sarah Fisher of whom you speak was my great grandmother b. 1835, her father was Thomas Fisher b. 1793 and mother was Charlotte, nee Andrews b. 1811.
If this is your Sarah do let me know if I can give any further help.
I apologise for the delay in picking this up.
Seventyplus