Author Topic: Agnes Iris Marks, Bengal, India  (Read 1086 times)

Offline jkennerdale

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Agnes Iris Marks, Bengal, India
« on: Saturday 07 April 12 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm trying to find the marriage of Agnes Iris Marks at Howrah, Bengal, 1942. Her name and this date appear on a list I found online, but no other details are available. I would like to find who she married if that's possible. I've tried all the usual sources and drawn a complete blank and would be very grateful for help/advice.

many thanks
Judith
Kennerdale Yorkshire and Lancashire
Best, Dorset
Hillman, Trowbridge

OPC for Trowbridge

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Iris Marks, Bengal, India
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith,

Like you I've been unable to trace anything regarding Agnes. I've searched for marriages etc. but without success. Most of the on-line records are much earlier than the one you're looking for. Have you tried  http://indiafamily.bl.uk/UI/Home.aspx ? Also have a look at the Resources at the top of the "Other Countries" page - there may be something that you may not have tried there.

Do you have any more info on her, ie birth and death?

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline jkennerdale

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Iris Marks, Bengal, India
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 April 12 15:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help, via the link you sent I got onto the British Library and now have details of the marriage. Now I am left with another mystery. She married a Reginald James Shaw a sergeant in the Calcutta police in 1942. Rather a dangerous job at that time. I assume he died though can't find his death, as she subsequently remarried a Mr Oswald Hardy. I can't find that either. Any ideas?

Thanks again
kind regards
Judith
Kennerdale Yorkshire and Lancashire
Best, Dorset
Hillman, Trowbridge

OPC for Trowbridge