Author Topic: Robert and Kathrine DAVIS OF Tullow, Ireland  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Bruce609

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Robert and Kathrine DAVIS OF Tullow, Ireland
« on: Monday 09 April 12 11:55 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any details of the birth , death or marriage  Robert Davis and his wife Kathrine who lived in Tullow, Co. Wicklow in Ireland. They had at least 2 children John b 1760 and Robert, 1754 . The sons' baptisms into  the Church of Ireland are documented on Roots Ireland. John Davis duly married a Mary Jones also of Tullow,  who bore him 3 or more children. One son Henry became the Dublin Coroner until his death ca 1865. A daughter, Elizabeth married Sir Robert Way Harty.
Any help appreciated.

Moderator Comment: title edited to remove capital letters.
See Topic: >>----- Guidelines for Postings / Netiquette -----<< , Reply #2 for explanation.

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,123033.0.html

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Robert and Katherine DAVIS of Tullow, Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 April 12 12:04 BST (UK) »
The town of Tullow is actually in Co. Carlow, but quite close to the border with Co. Wicklow.

Which parish were John and Robert baptized in ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Robert and Katherine DAVIS of Tullow, Ireland
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 April 12 12:28 BST (UK) »
The civil / Church of Ireland parish for Tullow is Tullowphelim and based on the RCBL Index records for the parish go back to about 1700, with a few gaps.

Even though the parish is based in the town of Tullow, Co. Carlow it seems to be included on both RootsIreland and IrishGenealogy. The source list on RootsIreland states they have baptism and marriage records back to 1700, although they dont cover death/burials.

I am not sure if all the dates back to 1700 are covered on IrishGenealogy, but there are baptism, marriage & death records included back to 1700. I had a quick look and located a possible match for John's baptism - with surname listed as 'Davice'. Unfortunately there are no additional details - e.g. occupation or residence..

see : Baptism of John Davice - 8 Nov 1761
           Tullow parish, Co. Carlow, Church of Ireland

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Bruce609

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert and Kathrine DAVIS OF Tullow, Ireland
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 April 12 14:02 BST (UK) »
Shane,
Thank you very much. Roots Ireland put Tullow in Wicklow Co which blind-sided me. I can now add siblings for John : Thomas  bp 20/3/1757, Mary, 21/10/1764, Edward  12/4/1767and George 18/2/1770.  Roots Ireland gave Roberts baptism as 10/6/1754  as opposed to 10/6/1759 for Irish Genealogy which will need checking  if possible in time. John's bp dates agree. Now all I have to do is find the marriage of Robert and Katrine
Bruce