Author Topic: Doody  (Read 3551 times)

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Doody
« on: Monday 09 April 12 16:54 BST (UK) »
would anyone be so kind as to do a search for me please the person is Bridget Doody born about 1818 pretty sure she was from limerick she married William Flynn ab1817 in Limerick before settling in london between 1850 to 1854 thankyou would hopefully like to find out her siblings  & parents please if poss
Mitchell-Bermondsey, Walworth/ Powers-Stepney, Pekham,/ Flynn-Limerick, Camberwell/ Dawson-Kent/ Bartlett-Deptford Kent,/Burrows-Surrey, Hitchin & Holywell In Bedfordshire

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Doody
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 April 12 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Janeann,

I found on http://limerick.rootsireland.ie a birth for a Bridget Doody 1815 in Mahoonagh/Castlemahon (RC) and her father's name is matching as Patrick Doody. I also found three other children in the same place and with the same father:

Daniel Doody 1817
John Doody 1819
Margaret Doody 1822

Marriage of Bridget Doody and William Flynn took place in Abbeyfeale (RC) In 1840. I then found four matches for children born to Bridget and William:

John Flynn 1840 Abbeyfeale (RC)
Owen Flynn 1842 Abbeyfeale (RC)
Bridget Flynn 1845 Abbeyfeale (RC)
Margaret Flynn 1846 Abbeyfeale (RC)

Hope this helps,

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 April 12 18:37 BST (UK) »
thankyou thats def her because one of the children you listed is my gg grandfather good to get her fathers name as I thought it was peter so again thanks for taking the time to check for me Jane
Mitchell-Bermondsey, Walworth/ Powers-Stepney, Pekham,/ Flynn-Limerick, Camberwell/ Dawson-Kent/ Bartlett-Deptford Kent,/Burrows-Surrey, Hitchin & Holywell In Bedfordshire

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 April 12 18:40 BST (UK) »
Peter and Patrick are sometimes used interchangeably so it might be that both are correct.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 April 12 21:34 BST (UK) »
I would treat that baptism for Bridget as a 'maybe', it's quite a bit to the east of Abbeyfeale, and in one of the relatively few parishes with records back before 1830..

Abbeyfeale baptism records only go back to 1829, so there wouldn't be a written record of a baptism for Bridget if she was from the parish she married in.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 01:33 BST (UK) »
thanks shane i will definately keep that in mind