Author Topic: George Munro and Isabella Paterson  (Read 2583 times)

Offline sjp78

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Munro and Isabella Paterson
« on: Monday 09 April 12 19:52 BST (UK) »
I am looking for more information on my ggg grandparents George Munro and Isabella Paterson who lived in Rosskeen, Ross and Cromarty.  They married in approx 1849 and had 7 children - David, Alexander, William, Hector, George, Elizabeth and John.
George and Isabella both died from the flu around 1876.
John is my gg grandfather and he moved to Newton in Ayrshire when he was around 20 and married Rebecca Johnstone in 1881.  He had 2 sons John and George but sadly died when they were very young.  I think he died at sea when his merchant navy ship sunk.
From this and other forums i have found that his brother David married Elizabeth Wilson in 1887 in Dundonald Ayrshire and Alexander emigrated to Australia and then New Zealand and married Mary Maude Brown.

I am struggling to find any other information with regards to Isabella and George's parents and their other children.
If anyone has any information that may help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Offline lynne kathrine

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Munro and Isabella Paterson
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 13:25 BST (UK) »
have you tried their birth certs ...or the catholic archives ??

Mcdonald-Munro-Mcintosh-Ross-McArter-Urquhart- Cruickshank-Hosack. Croll-Brown-Leckie-Medley. Melville-Hamilton-Bell
Paterson-Ewing-North-Munro-Kemp-Jack

Areas: (Highlands) Cromary and Ross-Sutherland-Dundee.Fife-Kirkintilloch-Lenoxtown. Belfast-Australia-New Zealand