Author Topic: Jessie MacPherson 1869 Ayr  (Read 2882 times)

Offline KMurray

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Jessie MacPherson 1869 Ayr
« on: Tuesday 10 April 12 14:50 BST (UK) »
I have no more information about Jessie other than according to later census, when she was married and Jessie Norval living in Lanarkshire, that she was born in Ayr around 1869.  I would love some help on this and finding the names of her parents and more if it is available.  Thank you so much for your time and help.
Kathy
Armstrong / Blakeley or Bleakley of Fermanagh Ireland to Australia, Carr / Medhurst of Kent England to Australia, Armstrong / Kirk of Northumberland, England to Canada, Murray / Major of Lanark, Scotland

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Jessie MacPherson 1869 Ayr
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you looked up her marriage on Scotlands People which will give you her parents names and her mothers maiden name
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 17:00 BST (UK) »
This is the only IGI entry I can find but it may not be the right Jessie

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XYPZ-WV7
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline KMurray

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 17:07 BST (UK) »
I haven't been able to locate that either.  She was married or at least the father of her children was Julius Norval born in Perthshire, Scotland.  Their first child was Peter born in 1887.  I haven't tried the source you mention.  I will attempt that later today.

I will keep the IGI that you found, until I find more.  No way to know yet other than her children were Peter, Julia, (her husband's line) and John and Charlote.

Thank!
Armstrong / Blakeley or Bleakley of Fermanagh Ireland to Australia, Carr / Medhurst of Kent England to Australia, Armstrong / Kirk of Northumberland, England to Canada, Murray / Major of Lanark, Scotland

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 17:29 BST (UK) »
I did a basic search on SP and there is a marriage in 1886 between Julius Norval and Jessie MacPherson

The 1891 census shows her birthyear as 1864 - not 1869

Offline KMurray

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 17:38 BST (UK) »
There has been the question on the date and actually the 1864 would make more sense to me and possibly answer another question.  Is there information on SP for parents or where they married?

Thanks so much.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 17:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

SP is a paysite only and you would have to buy some credits to view that 1886 entry

Offline KMurray

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 17:52 BST (UK) »
I will attempt this at lunch or later today.  I will get back to you if I have problems with the site, but I truly appreciate your time and direction.

The birth of 1869 and 1864 has come up a couple of times with the census that is available and it is probably that the 4 and 9 have been difficult to read and transcribe.  I am anxious to know where to really come down on.

Thanks again.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hi

Once you have her parents names - it should make it easier to find her on earlier censuses.  The marriage cert should also show her age which could be a further guide