Author Topic: Ballylanders Roman Catholic Church records  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Suzygirl1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ballylanders Roman Catholic Church records
« on: Friday 13 April 12 00:21 BST (UK) »
My great great grandparents Michael Davern & Mary Noonan Davern were married in the Ballylanders Roman Catholic Church Feb. 13, 1861.  The Emly & Cashel Dioceses has not given permission to the Momon Church to copy any  of the church parish records. So where can I, who lives in the USA, get a copy of my great great grandparent's marriage record ?  They were married before the start of the civil record index for roman catholics, so that does me no good :(
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Suzanne

Offline CathyMN

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Ballylanders Roman Catholic Church records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Suzanne,

Their marriage record can be found on rootsireland.com.  You have to register - for free - and do a search - I searched the marriage records for you putting in their names and 1861 in Co. Limerick and an index of one record came up, so they must be your ancestors.  Under baptisms for their names, 11 names were indexed under 18 records, some Church and some Civil.  You can buy credits - one record requires 25 credits and the charge for that is 5 euros which equates to $6.55 on today's exchange.  If you need more than one record, you do a lot better paying for more credits.  Purchasing the credits give you "free pages" for searching.  I had lots of free pages so that is how I did the search for you.  I tried to attach the searches but the files were too large.

My great grandparents were married in the same church and my daughter and I visited the rectory in 2008 and viewed the register.   Cathy

Offline Credo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 November 17 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Suzanne, you can get the transcript on parish records at nil.ie by searching theBallylanders parish marriage records

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 November 17 10:06 GMT (UK) »