Author Topic: Bolas family or/and Cond family  (Read 20368 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bolas family or/and Cond family
« Reply #63 on: Friday 24 February 17 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Unrelated to the actual topic but I've just discovered a newspaper article about Naomi Bolas - see previous post - imprisoned for 4 months with hard labour in Jan 1867 for stealing £43 in gold  :o
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 24 February 17 12:06 GMT (UK) »
That viaduct is pretty high!

Here's a photo that I've found of Edward Conde's granddaughter:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=370538.0;attach=455807;image

My sister had it and sent a scan to me a good while ago.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 24 February 17 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the photo, have very few!

Never actually seen the viaduct but have seen pictures. The newspaper story is pretty graphic - cut to shreds, collected body parts scattered along the track 🙁 - one of very few articles i've found on any of our family.

Good to hear we are related, if distantly and only by marriage.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 24 February 17 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Unrelated to the actual topic but I've just discovered a newspaper article about Naomi Bolas - see previous post - imprisoned for 4 months with hard labour in Jan 1867 for stealing £43 in gold  :o

I`d love to see that, but can`t find it  on Welsh Newspapers. Would she have been  a Jones or a Bolas then ?
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 24 February 17 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Bolas, found it on FindMyPast. Rushing out now but will pm you link later if you like.

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Friday 24 February 17 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Bolas, found it on FindMyPast. Rushing out now but will pm you link later if you like.

I don`t have FindMyPast , but if you tell me which paper it`s in I might find it.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Friday 24 February 17 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Shrewsbury Chronicle of 11 Jan 1867.

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Friday 24 February 17 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Shrewsbury Chronicle of 11 Jan 1867.
Typical, not on the site I have, never mind .

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 18:43 GMT (UK) »
To add, particularly for Annette.... i have been in touch with Tower Hamlets registrars who confirm that some of the details i gave to them match some of the info on the 1860 death certificate so i've ordered a copy, but it looks very likely that Annette has found Mary 😀🎉

Just to say that I've finally had the death certificate and it certainly appears to be Mary..... aged 63, of 12 Vine Court (she was in 18 Vine Court in 1851 and no number Vine Court in 1841), widow of James Bolas, farmer. Only query is the informant, an Ann Bolas, as I was expecting one of her sons Thomas or James, or daughter Mary Ann Saunders, but I will look for Ann now. Edited to add: found Ann, wife of Thomas  :-[

Thanks again Annette :)

Can't find her burial sadly, there appears to be a gap just when I need it  ::)