Author Topic: census 1871 onwards  (Read 2911 times)

Offline tazz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
census 1871 onwards
« on: Sunday 15 April 12 22:30 BST (UK) »
hi could you help, 1861 census
daniel mcbride 1831 north sunderland  died oct 1861
ann mcbride 1835 morpeth
jacob mcbride 1856 n shields
jane mcbride 1857
ann mcbride 1859 morpeth

i cannot find this family after this census,looked for jacob on his own and ive got nothing  help plz

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: census 1871 onwards
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 April 12 23:07 BST (UK) »
Are you descended from one of those children?  If so - can you give us details of the marriage etc as it may help find them
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 April 12 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

I can't find them on the 1871 census, I wonder if Ann remarried and they used her new husbands name

I have a this marriage

Daniel McBride to Ann Miller
Grooms Father Daniel McBride
Brides Father Jacob Miller

15 Aug 1858 Tynemouth Northumberland

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 April 12 23:10 BST (UK) »
Have you checked for a re-marriage for Ann as they may be under her new married name
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline tazz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 April 12 16:45 BST (UK) »
i found a few marriages for ann mcbride and then searched for jacob under those surnames and still nothing,but thank u for trying i will go back to searching

Offline Glenrosa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 December 12 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Sarah Ann McBride nee King born Bedlington NBL 1860, returned to her birthplace from USA in 1890's with her two children Ann Mcbride born 1885 USA and Levi McBride born 1891 USA. The children's father was Jacob McBride, deceased USA. There was a Jacob McBride age 25, arrived New York from Liverpool Dec 2 1882. Was this Jacob McBride the son of Daniel McBride and Ann Miller who was born 1857 Morpeth NBL.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 January 13 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Birth of Ann McBride - 5 th July 1885 Knox. Tennesee to J H McBride and SA   ??? (Added to Morris Thread - Immigrants and Emmigrants)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,629802.0.html

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F6LN-SBF

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Glenrosa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Jacob McBride; The 1881 Census for Waterloo NBL lists a Jacob Miller 24 and his wife Sarah age 21. Jacob born North Shields and Sarah born Bedlington. I believe that Jacob McBride was using his mother's name Miller.  Jacob McBride age 25 arrived at New York from Liverpool on the SS England on December 27 1882.  The 1901Census for Bedlington NBL lists Sarah Cameron age 41 born Bedlington and her children Ann Weddle nee McBride age 16, and Levi McBride age 9 both born in USA to English parents. Both gave their father's name as Jacob McBride. It is assumed that Sarah Ann returned to England after the death of her husband Jacob McBride.  Sarah Ann McBride married Andrew Cameron Dec 08 1900 at Horton NBL. Sarah Ann age 40 gave her father's name as Owen King.  Ann McBride age 16 married Gilbert Weddle (Weddell) during March Quarter of 1901. Levi McBride married Ethel Dodds on August 31 1912 registered at Morpeth. Levi and Ethel had 5 children and some of their descendants are still living at Bedlington.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 05:18 GMT (UK) »
I am not at home at the moment so do not have my records to hand.  However, I have been doing a bit of research on Ann's family as they are connected to my own ancestors, and I can let you know briefly now what I have found/believe.

Ann's parents were Jacob and Ann Miller nee Readhead.
I believe from my own research that Ann had an illegitimate child called Jane Smith.  This child was baptised at Christ Church North Shields and Ann was going under the name of Ann Smith,  single woman and the abode for them was recorded as the Tynemouth workhouse. 
Ann then married Daniel Macbride at Christ Church, North Shields and they had children.  After Daniel's death Ann married Peter Conroy at Horton. On the marriage record her Father is listed as Jacob Miller.  On the 1871 census Ann is living with second husband Peter and Daniel's children have taken on the surname of Peter.  She also has Her illegitimate daughter Jane and children with Peter.  There is also a niece called Mary Drummond.  I believe Mary was the daughter of Adam and Ann Drummond nee Conroy.  However, at the time of Mary's birth I do not think her parents were actually married, although it looks that way in her St Francis Xavier baptism.  An Adam Drummond and Ann Conroy married in Hexham at St Mary, a few years later.  Ann Conroy nee Miller outlived husband Peter and later went to live with their daughter Bridget Gilboy nee Conroy.
Two of Ann's siblings were Margaret who married a Patrick Dalton and Jacob who married Jane Anderson.  I have discovered very recently on RootsChat that the latter pair had a runaway marriage at Lamberton. Two other siblings are Sarah and Michael Miller.  I have found out recently from a kindly RootsChatter that these last two are buried at Earsden Cemetery with Jacob Miller and Jane Miller nee Anderson.  They have a grave stone which I am hoping to go and see soon.  Abode at death for Sarah, Michael and Jane was 'New York'.  Jacob's last abode was the 'Allotment' most likely meaning West Allotment.

I can give dates for records later on at some point soon when I can access my own records again at home. I have just come across this post unexpectedly whilst browsing and thought I would just let you know albeit briefly for now what I believe from my own research.

Best Wishes :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner