Author Topic: SIT: Surname Interest Board listings  (Read 10100 times)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SIT: Surname Interest Board listings
« on: Monday 16 April 12 17:11 BST (UK) »
Forgive me if I am posting this incorrectly but have checked all over and had no other choice.
While checking the surname interest list  under "S" I find they are not in alphbetical order and hope this will be corrected.  Also under "R"  is see Rev Simpson G Morrison & Rev William C Tait, and Richard Nixon.  Should these rater be listed under "M" . "T" &  "N" surname lists.
As for locating a moderator to post this to, the only report to moderator was at the botton of someone else's posting??
Thanks for reading this    anker_pep52
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Interest Board listings
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 12 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi anker_pep,

While checking the surname interest list  under "S" I find they are not in alphbetical order and hope this will be corrected. 
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,559046.0.html

lso under "R"  is see Rev Simpson G Morrison & Rev William C Tait, and Richard Nixon
I keep telling people that this is for SURNAMES, but do they listen ?  ::)

Maybe sometime they will realise that rhey are not findinding anyybody else with those surnames. Now and then I correct some of the worst mistakes, but, due to so many other things to do, that is very low priority.

regards
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Interest Board listings
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 20:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you Bob-They are now in alphabetical order.  Yes , some people have included the area in which the person lives in the surname section-  maybe the instructions on the form could be stressed more to include--- one name or hyphenated name only in this space.  Do you think that may help.  Thanks for responding to my querie.  I will most likely have more in the future.
                                                                                                               ankerpep_52
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK