Author Topic: Henry Farrington  (Read 1707 times)

Offline erie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Farrington
« on: Wednesday 18 April 12 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm a novice at this, but is it possible for anyone to look up a baptism for me. My relative is Henry Farrington born in Hereford around 1826 his fathers name was Thomas. Thanks. 

Offline erie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Farrington
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 April 12 18:54 BST (UK) »
Can any one help I am desperately trying to clarify my Great Great Grandfathers origins, he is down on the 1841 census as living with his mother a Mary Grabham but she seems to old to me and as he is learning the Tailoring trade from her I think she isn't related so close, I know from marriage licences his father was Thomas Farrington a gardener, there are other Farringtons living near but none that seem parental material as there are other Henry's I can't get to hereford to check baptisms etc. but would really appreciate some help

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Farrington
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 April 12 00:37 BST (UK) »
1841 census does not give relationships Mary Grabham and Henry farrington are living on Bewell St -next to the Weavers' Hospital - there seem to be others in the same dwelling

However 1851 census clearly gives (still living bewell St)
Mary Grubham/Grabham widow 70 Pauper laundress Bromyard hereford
Henry Farrington son U  25 Tailor Hereford
That would make Mary about 45 when henry was born

Possibly his father died , mum remarried and was widowed again??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk