Author Topic: Castle Camps  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Mr.Blueyezz

• RootsChat Extra
  • John Travers Cornwell VC (My 1st Cousin 2xremoved)
    • View Profile
Castle Camps
« on: Saturday 21 April 12 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for any info regarding the old Police House in Castle Camps Cambridgeshire.
Is there any old photos or maps showing where in the village it was please.
Carter,Cornwell,Smith,Palmer,Phibben,Bottisham Lode,Baldock,Cambridgeshire,Fulbourn,Merthyr Tydfil,Abercwmboi,Aberdare,Soham,Suffolk,Steeple Morden,Guilden Morden,Cambridge,South Cadbury,Castle Camps,The Fens,Plantagent Royal Family

Offline lou501

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Castle Camps
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 November 15 10:09 GMT (UK) »
We are now living in the police house in Castle Camps. I was just wondering whether you ever found out any information about it? 
Thanks.

Offline Mr.Blueyezz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 November 15 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thank you for your reply.
Its sometime since i posted that message and can't really remember if i did find anything out about it,ill have look at my notes and get back to you.
I do believe my Grandfather was the the village bobby at the time and the Cornwell family used to live there,my Aunt his daughter was born in the village.
Carter,Cornwell,Smith,Palmer,Phibben,Bottisham Lode,Baldock,Cambridgeshire,Fulbourn,Merthyr Tydfil,Abercwmboi,Aberdare,Soham,Suffolk,Steeple Morden,Guilden Morden,Cambridge,South Cadbury,Castle Camps,The Fens,Plantagent Royal Family

Offline lou501

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 November 15 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for getting back to me.  Was your grandfather Albert B Cornwell?  They appear to have lived in the 'Police House' in 1939. 

Offline Mr.Blueyezz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 November 15 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

He was Albert Edward Cornwell and my Grandmother Rosetta Cornwell,they had 3 children Raymond,Peggy and Valerie (My Mum).

Offline lou501

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 November 15 12:25 GMT (UK) »
I am sure they used to live in this house then.   It comes up on Find My Past Polise House, Haverhill Road.
I have managed to find one photo of the place. I assume you didn't locate any photos in your search for information.  I'm just quite interested to see what the house looked like!

Offline Mr.Blueyezz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 November 15 12:28 GMT (UK) »
I have this but not sure if this is it???